Menu

Thanks for helping regarding baby...an update

Goodness....There is so much going on with this kid. I'd scream too! Poor baby. But at least we're going the right direction!

Well, I decided the other doctor was insane and got a new appointment. Absolutely thrilled with this doctor. I took two kids in and felt listened to, supported, and helped. Anyway, MM's tonsils were huge and red and one ear was red. We have medication :)

Doctor was also concerned about a few things the baby does and some of her sensory stuff. Of course, drugs explain those things. But it does point to why she could be a bit high strung.

Then her lawyer came over. She was able to look back in her notes and give me all sorts of information. She didn't know why she was on soy formula but assumed it was due to the tummy issues MM has had. Seems that is often a first guess. MM had reflux so they had been giving her cereal in her bottles. We tried that and couldn't get her to take them. But she does eat cereal the good old fashioned way (off a spoon). We are giving her table food then a bottle for meals which seem to help. ALso, I found a new position to relieve her tummy pain a little.

The lawyer also told me about how things were at GMA's house. She said that the kid was doted over, but they never put her on the floor (hence her inability physically, I guess). She also said that the parents would visit her over there. Of course, they were also being who they were which was problematic. And then she outlined what happened before we got her. Poor baby :(

OHHHHHH, *and* a teeny bit of tooth is through on the top!

Add to that, of course, that MM is 9½ months old, lost her loving grandparents, etc....

Anyway, so all in all, kiddo just has had it rough. We will love her and do what we can. Goal is definitely for her to go out of state to family. Supposedly the CASA checked the family out and it'll be a good situation. Just have to wait for the homestudy and inter-state compact stuff. That should take a couple months.

I think the medicine has helped already has she went down 10 hours ago with barely any stirring! Hopefully she'll be well enough to tolerate a supervised visit after court this morning.