Menu

Did TT Pre-Algebra and Algebra 1 (the original versions) not cover unit conversions?

I have been emailing back and forth with Dr. Shormann from DIVE about a few questions I have and he stated that one of the problems with TT math (for upper level science) is that they do not cover unit conversions. But, looking at the Pre-Algebra v2.0 TOC it appears covered. So is this one of the topics they added in the new version?

Their coverage may not be what you need for science. I know MUS Pre-Algebra has a unit conversions (ie " to ' or " to cm), but the full explanation of unit conversions needed for science isn't taught until Algebra. I'm guessing it is the same for TT.

I don't know if you are looking for additional resources on conversions or whether this is what you need, but these videos are fun:

Conversion Factors - Part 1

Conversion Factors - Part 2

I am going to bookmark these! Thanks.

I have BCM and that does a good job of teaching conversions as well. I know Dr. Shormann was pushing (well maybe pushing isn't the right word) Saxon because that is his program but it just made me wonder if TT really does miss that. It shows conversions listed in the TOC a few times but doesn't show samples. I know if we are missing it that would be easy to take care of but I just want to know what is missing in the new versions :confused: