Menu

Curriculum at Conventions

I have only been to one convention and I really didn't look at the vendors. But I am attending another one at the end of the month. Are materials usually marked down at conventions or are they about the same? Bravewriter, Teaching Textbooks, and The Critical Thinking company are going to be there with others, and I am trying to think about my budgeting. Thanks

I've only been to one convention and didn't really look at the vendors either. I do know some gave a percentage off. I am wondering if it would be worth it to go once I add in the cost of actually attending. I'm thinking it might just even out to what I'd pay if I stayed home and didn't get a discount.

I've thought about buying at the convention, but I am concerned about security/privacy. Do most vendors have credit card machines, or do you do it the old fashioned way with filling in a form with your credit card number or a check? I'm worried about paperwork with my cc# or my personal check just sitting around in a pile for anyone to see.

Maybe this is silly, but still, it is a concern.

that never happens at least that I have EVER seen in my 17 years of attending confrences.

They have some sort of cash box or register to use. Only very few have the old fashioned credit thing, and I can't remember the last time I used one, most have the gadget for the credit cards to go through instantly.

You can get some discounts on things or free shipping. Our convention also has a huge used book sale so I like that too.

Many discount and do free shipping, however, it's up to you to do your due diligence beforehand to recognize a good price when you see it. This also helps keep one from making too many unplanned purchases just because it was offered at such a good price.