Menu

What have you used from Memoria Press

Abbeygurl4

If you're looking at ordering from them, I just want to put a plug in for their customer service. I ordered Henle Latin from them a few years ago. When it hadn't arrived in a timely fashion, I called them and they very kindly shipped another set out immediately. (I never got the original shipment.) They were great and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again, if you are trying to decide.

If you're looking at ordering from them, I just want to put a plug in for their customer service. I ordered Henle Latin from them a few years ago. When it hadn't arrived in a timely fashion, I called them and they very kindly shipped another set out immediately. (I never got the original shipment.) They were great and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again, if you are trying to decide.

I agree! I've used Latina Christiana and their cursive handwriting books. Fast shipping and very easy returns.

I'm thinking about using MP literature guides instead of Progeny Press for my 13 yo ds.

We've used Prima Latina, Latina Christiana I & II, First, Second, and Third Form Latin, Traditional Logic, Famous Men of Rome... we love them all. They are very well written, and methodical in their step-by-step approach with things like Latin and logic. We've used the videos for Latin and logic. They are also great... if you need them. Two of my boys used them at first as we were getting started with Latin and logic, but both prefer now now to spend the time and just read the books. Their teacher's manuals are wonderful - not just answer books, but explanations to help you with subjects that are new to you, and other acitivities for reinforcement and review. There are occasional mistakes in the books, but they are usually listed on the web site or forum until they are corrected in the next addition. We have also been beta testers for the Form Latins - using the rough version of the texts and reporting mistakes we find as we go. Keeps you on your toes! The shipping has always been fast (maybe a little slower at the beginning of the school year) and the customer service is great the couple of times I have spoken with them. Let me know if there are any specific questions we could attempt to answer.

I am very interested in the new Classical Composition books. I have been using CW but I really like the step-by-step, uncomplicated approach they seem to be taking to the progymnasmata. I've only seen the samples and they currently only have Fable and Narrative samples up but the customer service lady said they should have Maxim/Chreia available this summer. I'll be looking to see how they approach the upper levels.

Heather