Menu

Oh no. DS is burping a LOT this afternoon/evening. What's up?

DS5 has been burping/hiccuping most of the afternoon and into this evening. :(

We had egg sandwiches for lunch & it's debatable as to whether my family does eggs well (sometimes makes some of us nauseous) but he's never reacted to egg sandwiches like this before (we typically have them once every 10 days to 2 weeks).

What's up? Does this mean he's getting sick (he says he feels fine & ate supper)??

Can I give him something to make it stop?

I don't like stomach noises and am severely emitophobic so this is not up my alley. :glare:

He's not complaining about the burps or hiccups, they're simply happening. The only one who is bringing them up is me because the sound is grossing me out.

Please please please tell me it's not a precursor to a stomach flu. :willy_nilly:

Sounds like he's having a lot of gas. It wouldn't occur to me to associate that with oncoming stomach flu (and I'm a fellow emetophobe, so I know where you're coming from!). If he's not nauseous and his appetite is good, I wouldn't worry. Maybe give him some Gas-X.

Also an emetophobe here.

I've only ONCE (in 17.5 years of parenting and four kids) had a kid burp a couple of times and then proceeded (within minutes) to toss cookies.

We have one of those families that are pretty relaxed about body functions when we are at home, and we have plenty of days where someone is burpy, farty, gurgly, stinky, etc.

If it were the stomach bug, you'd KNOW by now. Really, you would.

I know a few other people who don't feel great with eggs.

Sounds like he's having a lot of gas. If he's not nauseous and his appetite is good, I wouldn't worry. Maybe give him some Gas-X.

Watch out for the Gas-X though! Sometimes it makes the bowels loose (I didn't know how else to word that :confused:). I gave dd some awhile back and let me just say that she should not have had it close to bed time.

Sounds like he's having a lot of gas. It wouldn't occur to me to associate that with oncoming stomach flu (and I'm a fellow emetophobe, so I know where you're coming from!). If he's not nauseous and his appetite is good, I wouldn't worry. Maybe give him some Gas-X.

I wouldn't occur to me either but I read it on this board. :w00t: I was looking for an egg recipe or something and came up with a thread about someone asking about the gross sour egg burps they were having (and had not eaten eggs) and everyone responded that they'd had that and then a stomach virus came on. :willy_nilly:

It's very uncharacteristic for anyone in my family to be burpy. Farts, sadly, yes ;) but not burpy.

I'm a little on edge, I guess. :001_unsure: :o

Watch out for the Gas-X though! Sometimes it makes the bowels loose (I didn't know how else to word that :confused:). I gave dd some awhile back and let me just say that she should not have had it close to bed time.

I don't have any of that, but thanks for the heads up! :w00t: