Menu

Keurig recommendations, please

My hubby is interested in a Keurig coffee maker. I've searched their website and am interested as well since we like different strengths of coffee. My coffee needs to stand at attention and salute while his just needs to meander along.

If any hive members have Keurigs, fill me in on your experiences. I'm trying to narrow down which one will work for us (I drink about 4-5 cups a day) and would appreciate user's opinions.

Thanks!

Go with the Platinum. It's lovely to have a large (washable) reservoir, plus be able to adjust for different cup sizes. I always use a large travel mug (even around the house), so I truly appreciate that feature. :)

My husband surprised me with a Keurig for my birthday last year. I was a bit grumpy, thinking I just didn't want one. And now I absolutely love it!! :D

I have a platinum model. I think in comparison to other models, it is a really good choice.

That said, I don't love the Keurig like I thought I would. I drink so much coffee, that we blew through 6 or so boxes in a few weeks. (Company using the cups too). I recently began using the filter with my own coffee and that is messy. Sorry to be a downer! DH really likes it though.

If you get one, be sure to register your machine at the Keurig website. They offer buy 2 boxes, get 2 free and no shipping. That is a nice way try different kinds of coffee.

We got ours at Costco for around $150 which included the filter, and 2 or so boxes of kcups. I price compared and that was the best deal in my area.

I :001_wub: my Keurig. Mine has a reservoir. I love being able to have different types of coffee or to make tea if I want that. I bought sample packs when we first got it and found some that I liked and that I buy in bulk. I also have the My K Cup, so that I can use regular coffee too.

I just recently bought the $119 version with the resevoir. From what I can tell around here at least, they are the same price everywhere. I think it must be standardized.

I love my Keurig. The coffee is delicious and very quick to make - and no mess. You can vary the strength of your coffee both by which k-cups you choose as well as how big of a cup you brew. The less water, the stronger the coffee. The model I have has two cup sizes.

I also bought an eco-brew cup from amazon so that I could brew my own, but the k-cups are so good and easy that I don't use it very often.

My friends love their Keurigs so much that they actually name them. I haven't come up with a name for mine yet, but I will. It is one of my best friends these days. ;)

I have the one from Costco. I love it and I love that I can make as I go. Mine came with a bigger water tank and lots of Kcups. The girls like the hot chocolate and I am going totry ice tea when it gets warmer out.

ETA: Mine also came with the my kcup insert so I can use reg coffee if needed and it has 4 different cup sizes.

Edited by my3luvbugs990105

I just recently bought the $119 version with the resevoir. From what I can tell around here at least, they are the same price everywhere. I think it must be standardized.

I love my Keurig. The coffee is delicious and very quick to make - and no mess. You can vary the strength of your coffee both by which k-cups you choose as well as how big of a cup you brew. The less water, the stronger the coffee. The model I have has two cup sizes.

I also bought an eco-brew cup from amazon so that I could brew my own, but the k-cups are so good and easy that I don't use it very often.

This sounds like me too. We recently had a problem with blinking lights, but I de-scaled the problem seems to have gone away.

I love ours! We got a model with a reservoir and 3 cup choices. I really like the reservoir so I don't have to fill it each time. My favorite coffee is the Caribou Mahogany K-cups, but I often make our own too. It's nice when you're in a hurry and don't have time for the drip maker.

An addition, sometimes we use it for a quick cup of tea. We don't even use the tea K-cups (we're too picky), but we use it for the hot water and then put in a tea bag.

We have the Cuisinart one and love it. We drink a lot of flavored coffees so it's nice to be able to make whatever kind I want without having to worry about what dh wants. It comes with the my k-cup to brew your own coffee so you don't have to buy it separately.

Keurig does have a new brewer out called the Vue which has more brewing options but also uses a new type of cup which is recyclable. http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/vue-learn-more

Thanks for all the responses! I had not really been interested in the Keurigs but signed up for a House Party Keurig Vue party since a free machine comes with the hostessing duties. (I love free coffee makers of almost any variety..;p) Then hubby and his co-workers started talking about getting one for their office floor since their employer pulled their coffee service. He's been coffee-free for about 2 weeks and is hurting. They've been making do but have hit the wall with that.

Since I know my chances are slim to none of getting a free one, I've been searching for one. It sounds like something that would work well for our coffee needs around this place. Thank you again for all the responses!