Menu

If you have used CLE Math 2nd grade

Mom28kds

I will have a 1st and 2nd grader next year and was wondering if I would need a box set of addition/subtracts for each child. I'm doing first this year and based on how they have it set up I'm not sure how you could use the same box for both grades.

I've not done 2nd before so maybe there is a way. Suggestions?

Yes, you do need a 2 sets. Second gets divided into different types of groups (A-M) and you review them in a different order from the 1st grade. If you look on the back of the cards, it will tell you what lesson they are introduced in in 1st grade and what letter they are for 2nd grade. You can make your own if you want, but I found it easier to buy another set.

I had one in 1st and one in 2nd at the same time and there is no way I could have used the same cards.

Yes, you do need two sets of cards. I have had 1st and 2nd graders at the same time before; this year I have 1st, 3rd, and 4th. The 3rd grader still has to use the 2nd grade set sometimes (they review those facts in addition to the new multiplication facts). So, having two sets of cards was definitely necessary for us!

Yes, but if you need to save $ you could make your 2nd set. We started in 3rd and I got the multiplication facts set, but they still use the addition/subtraction as review during lessons, so I just made my own from index cards, rubberbanded them and stuck a post it on top as to which group they were.