Menu

Is there any preschool curriculum that has cursive tracer pages?

mystika1

Hi,

My youngest wants to have her own preshcool materials and I am a cursive first kinda teacher. There are some really cute things out there that I would love to purchase but all of the letter tracing pages are in manuscript. My oldest used Abeka cursive but I was hoping to find something like this..

http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/blog/2010/02/letter-of-week.html but with cursive materials instead. I wouldn't mind creating my own tracer pages to go with whatever curriculum we choose, but then why should I buy something if I end up skipping half of the materials???

Anyone know of a pre K program that uses cursive that doesn't cost $200 or more?

Penny

Not quite what you are looking for, but I was faced with the same dilemma. I am going cursive first, and phonogram sounds instead of letter names, from the beginning with our 3 year old DS.

I am using HOD Little ?hearts?hands? to Heaven. The only preprinted materials are letter flashcards, and I can easily whip up 1 set for us in cursive instead. You do learn to the letter shapes, but we will just use the cursive shape... so instead of placing blocks in the shape of a print b, we will so a cursive b. LHTH has more handwriting activities to do, tracing, writing in sand etc, but we will just use the cursive letter form.

They also try to teach the letter names first but I will just sub in the single letter SWR phonogram instead. :-)

You can buy sandpaper letters from the makers of Cursive First. I am actually in the process of making them with lentils for my preschooler who dislikes the sandpaper texture. He has gone from those to practicing on a magnadoodle board.