Menu

Nan...Arduino ??'s

Thinking a bit more about what I would want to study if I had the time and energy.

Some day, I am going to study more electronics, too, and upgrade my very basic ham license and hack things and learn to use my son's arduino.

Nan

Hi Nan,

Can you please tell me how your son uses Arduino?

Ds 16 started programming his new board last night and is already requesting more add-ons. What do you own? I bought the guide from MAKE and a book from Amazon. I welcome suggestions.

Thanks bunches!:001_smile:

Hi Nan,

Can you please tell me how your son uses Arduino?

Ds 16 started programming his new board last night and is already requesting more add-ons. What do you own? I bought the guide from MAKE and a book from Amazon. I welcome suggestions.

Thanks bunches!:001_smile:

I was in Radio Shack not long ago. They had the components kits to go with the Make: Electronics book. They also had several sets for Arduino and books on using it (not from Make).

I've also seen reference to using Arduino for reprograming a Staples Easy button and the new color changing LED Christmas lights.

I was in Radio Shack not long ago. They had the components kits to go with the Make: Electronics book. They also had several sets for Arduino and books on using it (not from Make).

I've also seen reference to using Arduino for reprograming a Staples Easy button and the new color changing LED Christmas lights.

Thanks!

Not Nan, but my almost 16 yo dd is an Arduino nut, and here is what she says:

She got an analog breakout, because she needed more inputs for some of the projects. She also has a video game shield from the Maker's Shed, and she does projects that are in MAKE magazine.

Practical Arduino and the Arduino Cookbook for more advanced projects once you get past the MAKE book.

Other than that, she say she googles for what type of project she is looking for and finds it in Arduino forums.

Not Nan, but my almost 16 yo dd is an Arduino nut, and here is what she says:

She got an analog breakout, because she needed more inputs for some of the projects. She also has a video game shield from the Maker's Shed, and she does projects that are in MAKE magazine.

Practical Arduino and the Arduino Cookbook for more advanced projects once you get past the MAKE book.

Other than that, she say she googles for what type of project she is looking for and finds it in Arduino forums.

Ds14 is making his own laser gun set using arduino. He's used books from the library and the internet to figure it out.

Thanks, ladies!