Menu

Speaking of Adrenal problems

Mine has suddenly gotten worse in the last couple of days. I'm facing utter exhaustion. I actually was falling asleep in the pool while I tried to swim last night at the Y. I went home so that I wouldn't drown. I'm so exhausted today that I've had a hard time getting through the day. I've had chest pains and high blood pressure yesterday and today.

Dh (an RN who knows my medical history very well;)) thinks that I've been pushing exercise too hard and have depleted my body. Unless I wake up tomorrow totally chipper, I think I'll be calling my doctor tomorrow. He's checked out my heart umpteen times so I'm not worried about the actual heart so much but I was having similar problems a few months ago and he told me to call if it happened again. I can't talk to him so much about the adrenal issue though (which I really think is the cause of it) because he doesn't believe in adrenal problems unless you have Addison's disease. This leaves me on the fence about calling him. The thing is, even if he does agree that it might be caused by adrenal fatigue, I'm not sure that he could help anyway (other than the adrenal diet and supplements that I'm already taking) so that's one more reason I'm on the fence. But then you're "supposed" to call someone for chest pains and high blood pressure, so that's the other side of the coin. I don't have a naturopathic doctor right now because my last doctor fired me for being too complicated (really).

I'd appreciate some prayers for wisdom and for strength. I hate this dance I have to go through of trying to push myself some so that I can actually gain some strength and perhaps one of these years actually lose some weight but not too much or I have something like this happen. I was trying to go gluten and wheat free thinking that might help but my symptoms were not changing at all and all this happened while on that diet. I've gone off the diet as of today and had no adverse reactions, so at least I think I can scratch that off as possibly contributors to my situation. I think it was actually stressing my body more to be on the gf diet.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle

Mine has suddenly gotten worse in the last couple of days. I'm facing utter exhaustion. I actually was falling asleep in the pool while I tried to swim last night at the Y. I went home so that I wouldn't drown. I'm so exhausted today that I've had a hard time getting through the day. I've had chest pains and high blood pressure yesterday and today.

Dh (an RN who knows my medical history very well;)) thinks that I've been pushing exercise too hard and have depleted my body. Unless I wake up tomorrow totally chipper, I think I'll be calling my doctor tomorrow. He's checked out my heart umpteen times so I'm not worried about the actual heart so much but I was having similar problems a few months ago and he told me to call if it happened again. I can't talk to him so much about the adrenal issue though (which I really think is the cause of it) because he doesn't believe in adrenal problems unless you have Addison's disease. This leaves me on the fence about calling him. The thing is, even if he does agree that it might be caused by adrenal fatigue, I'm not sure that he could help anyway (other than the adrenal diet and supplements that I'm already taking) so that's one more reason I'm on the fence. But then you're "supposed" to call someone for chest pains and high blood pressure, so that's the other side of the coin. I don't have a naturopathic doctor right now because my last doctor fired me for being too complicated (really).

I'd appreciate some prayers for wisdom and for strength. I hate this dance I have to go through of trying to push myself some so that I can actually gain some strength and perhaps one of these years actually lose some weight but not too much or I have something like this happen. I was trying to go gluten and wheat free thinking that might help but my symptoms were not changing at all and all this happened while on that diet. I've gone off the diet as of today and had no adverse reactions, so at least I think I can scratch that off as possibly contributors to my situation. I think it was actually stressing my body more to be on the gf diet.

Hi Jean. I was wondering how you were and praying for you too.

Chest pains can be caused by Hashimoto's. I would let the dr. Run an EKG, just to be sure, but don't panic. High Blood Pressure can also happen if thyroid meds are off....you are taking natural thyroid, right? I have horrible memory issues, So just slap me if I messed that up.

I know I have had chest pains, rapid heart beat, hbp, etc. When my thyroid meds were off, usually too high because I had recently begun exercising hard, or lost some weight.

Just an idea. Go get an EKG and a blood test to see where your thyroid levels are....and if you are on armour, which I think you are, just cut it back a few grains and see what happens......

Faithe

Hi Jean. I was wondering how you were and praying for you too.

Chest pains can be caused by Hashimoto's. I would let the dr. Run an EKG, just to be sure, but don't panic. High Blood Pressure can also happen if thyroid meds are off....you are taking natural thyroid, right? I have horrible memory issues, So just slap me if I messed that up.

I know I have had chest pains, rapid heart beat, hbp, etc. When my thyroid meds were off, usually too high because I had recently begun exercising hard, or lost some weight.

Just an idea. Go get an EKG and a blood test to see where your thyroid levels are....and if you are on armour, which I think you are, just cut it back a few grains and see what happens......

Faithe

You remembered correctly.:001_smile: Yes, they took blood and one of the things they are checking is my thyroid levels. I am exercising hard now. I didn't know that could affect your thyroid.