Menu

Is there research on (TCK content)

What is TCK?

"A third culture kid is a person who has spent a significant part of his or her developmental years outside their parents’ culture. The third culture kid builds relationships to all the cultures, while not having full ownership in any."

Missionary kids, military brats, sometimes biracial kids, etc.

I've been meaning to buy that book. I was hoping to find something online for free though. Something a bit more indepth...beyond the "TCK's have to form relationships quickly and are used to people leaving them". Long term stats and such.

I'm a TCK. My TCK friends and I (that I've known since junior high school) get together every single year. We often do form relationships quickly (I know gold when I see it) and I am used to people leaving me but I also know how to form very strong unbreakable bonds. I do not take friendship lightly.

"A third culture kid is a person who has spent a significant part of his or her developmental years outside their parents’ culture. The third culture kid builds relationships to all the cultures, while not having full ownership in any."

Missionary kids, military brats, sometimes biracial kids, etc.

Interesting, I didn't realize we had a name!

I'm a TCK. My TCK friends and I (that I've known since junior high school) get together every single year. We often do form relationships quickly (I know gold when I see it) and I am used to people leaving me but I also know how to form very strong unbreakable bonds. I do not take friendship lightly.

See, that is one of the things I've noticed. We don't take it lightly. I've found that many within certain cultures do take it lightly and because of that, I've found myself to be the "fall back friend"; someone that others are around when it's convenient, when their other friends aren't around or active, but get left out and in the dust fairly often and they just expect me to be there when they decide to come back around or they decide they still need me as a friend. The ones that don't take it lightly are those that either are TCK's also or those that have simply been through a lot of carp in life and don't take things for granted. (just my observation; not intended to offend anyone)