Menu

Do Rightstart, MUS and AAS ever go on sale?

dzingirl

These are the two most expensive things I'm considering purchasing for next year and I'd like to save some money on them if it's possible. I've watched some Rightstart auctions on ebay and the sets have gone for almost full price. It would seem that if they go on sale I might be able to get the set new cheaper than I'm seeing it for used. Also, what about Math U See? I'm somewhat undecided on math but leaning towards one of these two.

Thanks!

The best deals on RS that I've ever seen are on black Friday :) I know that doesn't help much for the fall... Are you looking at level A or B? It is overwhelming when you look at all of the manipulative, but you can certainly save money there. You must have the abacus, but a lot of the other manipulatives can be substituted for other things you might already have or perhaps made by you...depending on how flexible you can be :)

Old mud teacher books work with the new student books. I've purchased a few used at our local homeschool bookstore for about half price. The blocks and new materials often sell for more than the new cost on eBay so watch out for that. Also, if you buy at a conference sometimes you can get a discount or save on shipping. It is the most expensive thing I buy also but we love it.

Rainbow Resources carries RightStart a little bit cheaper. You might also see if RS has some gently used/seconds available though I think they just did a sale like that. You can check the yahoo group for 2nd hand materials too. It feels like their stuff does hold it's value on resale though. I don't know about AAS or MUS.

The best deals on RS that I've ever seen are on black Friday :) I know that doesn't help much for the fall... Are you looking at level A or B?

How good of a deal are we talking about for black Friday? I think she'd be ready for B when we start 1st. If I could pick up A used cheaply now I might go ahead and start with that just to get used to the program. Thanks for the response.

I've never seen AAS actually go on sale.

The only "sale" I ever saw on AAS was a scratch and dent clearance sale on random levels through IEW. -- (clearance item link)

I just checked it out for you and they have AAS levels 1 and 2 on sale there right now for a small discount. I tried purchasing level 3 through them once and they told me that their "scratch and dent" stuff was perfectly usable but had some sort of flaw. Like a ripped cover or whatnot. If that doesn't bother you I would call and check it out. Their stuff tends to go fast. In fact, I placed mine level 3 on order only to have them call me a day later to say they were sorry but they sold out. :(

I see now that they request you call to person to confirm it's in stock, which would save you that heartache.

Hope it helps.