Menu

6-7 passenger vehicle that gets 25-30 mph--what is there besides a mini-van?

I can't really answer your question (which totally makes you wonder why I am posting on your thread, right :glare:), but when we were shopping I was dead set against a mini-van. Looked at some crossovers which would seat six, but they seemed no bigger than my car on the inside -- just with an extra row. Caved on the mini-van and love, love, love it. Will keep it until the kids are big and then trade it for a convertible.

i am loving my mazda 5. it appeared Christmas morning.... mileage is good for the size (we're getting ~32 mpg), it handles more like a car than a minivan (which we had before). the back seats go up and down so easily..... the kids like it, too. consumer reports rated it highly, which is why we test drove it....

fwiw,

ann

We have a 7.3 liter diesel excursion and love it. It gets 18 mpg in city and 25 mpg highway. You can purchase an addition seat (ambulance companies carry them) for the middle of the front seats for a 9th seat. Only downside was that the back row and middle 2nd row seats didn't have head rests. We had to get them installed.

We love our Subaru Tribeca that seats 7, BUT if I had to put 6 or 7 people in it everyday....no way. I hate flipping seats up and down. What a hassle. I'd buy a van. The last row is pretty tight and if you are using it, you have very little storage in the back. We LOVE the third row for play dates and it's easy to throw a few kids back there, but it would be a hassle to use everyday.

However, we did rent a Chrysler one time. I forget what it was called, but it was the midsize SUV. It had two rows of bucket seats in the back- so four seats in two rows. The kids could hop in and walk to the back, the chairs were roomy, and it was a really comfortable car.

Also, we rented a Town and Country van for a month in CA. OMG. I want that car. It got fantastic gas mileage and it was incredibly comfortable. I never thought I'd want a van until I drove that thing!