Menu

Not a brag, just a fun update

Halftime Hope

Dd's school newspaper had an article featuring the honors program she is in. It is a program that purposely features cross-disciplinary studies. Each semester the students can pick from several elective courses--in addition to the required core--courses that are team taught by professors from science, math, art or religion combined with someone from the honors program who brings in aesthetics, philosophy, etc., creating an interesting combination of looking at a given field from two very different points of view. I'm not sure I can articulate the entire why and wherefore of the program, but it appealed to dd to accompany her double major.

Here is the link:

http://www.hsutx.edu/news-and-events/news/article?Channel=%2fChannels%2fContent+Channel&WorkflowItemID=e64b66a7-882d-47d9-bc32-a73f3846a8c1

Dd is the gal in the aqua sweater on the left of the picture.

BTW, this is *not* a brag nor an accomplishment. I just laughed a bit when I realized that this program is so much like what we did as homeschoolers, talking and discussing and making connections. The string, well, that's a bit elementary, but it's not representative of the level of work in her classes. (I'm so glad she wrote and wrote and wrote in high school!)

Edited by Valerie(TX)

• 3 months later...