Menu

For those of you with 8th graders considering homeschooling high school...

To the original poster and to whomever bumped it so that those of us with our first rising 9th graders could see and benefit from it - thank you, thank you, thank you!! I am about to start high school with the first of my four kiddos, so I'm bookmarking this thread now! :)

• 1 year later...

And as an added bonus: this thread is linked in the 2 pinned threads at the top of the high school board. Both of those threads are a wealth of information on ALL kinds of high school and college prep topics:

Outsourcing, Online Classes, Tutors, Dual Enrollment, AP, SAT II,  CLEP, GED -- links to past threads here!

post #1 links threads on the topics of:

- high school time table

- getting started

- books and resources

- making a high school plan

- tips on outsourcing

- tutors

- online classes

- dual enrollment

post #2 links threads on the topics of tests:

- PSAT

- SAT/ACT

- AP

- CLEP

- GED

Transcripts, Credits, Grading/GPA, Accreditation, College Prep/Applications, Scholarships/Financial Aid, Career Exploration -- past threads linked here!

post #1 links threads on the topics of:

- high school time table

- getting started

- planning/scheduling

- transcripts

- credits

- grading and GPA

- course descriptions

- record keeping

- diplomas

- accreditation

post #2 links threads on the topics of:

- college prep/planning

- NCAA

- choosing a school

- admissions / common app

- freshman orientation / first time at college

- financial aid

- FAFSA

- scholarships

- alternatives to 4-year college

- career exploration

Also pinned at the top of the high school board: Dicentra's big compilation thread on Homeschool High School Chemistry.

Happy reading, as you begin your journey to into planning for high school! Warmest regards, Lori D.

Panic is in the air which means that it is time to bump Nan's Words of Wisdom!

LOL  You btdt high school moms must see this flurry of activity about the same time every year as a new batch of us hit the end of 8th grade with our oldest children and, facing the prospect of home schooling high school for the first time, scramble to sort out the options in an attempt to build our courage for the task.  I hope you see it and laugh softly to yourselves thinking, "I remember when I was afraid I might not be up to home schooling high school. How silly I was. It's a piece of cake!"  At least I like to imagine that's how I'll be seeing it when/if I ever make it to the other end of the high school journey.