Menu

Excuse me...have you seen my microwave? I seem to have lost it!

Just wanted to come back and say thank you to the rest of you who posted with congratulatory messages since my last post, and also wanted to say congratulations to those of you who posted to tell about your own weight loss efforts so far! And lastly to extend the invite one more time to any one of you who are interested in joining the Weight Loss Challenge social group! We have a great group of people who post in weigh in threads, on walking challenges and other exercise challenges, we have menu challenges, water challenges, and all sorts of others with an eye toward encouragement, support, and improved health and fitness. :)

• 4 weeks later...

So, remember this post? Just wanted to come back again and say that as of this morning, I'm now down 45.2 lbs total!! I have gone from 247.6 lbs to 202.4 lbs. I'm happy about the 45 lbs, but I'm getting SO antsy to be out of these 200's already. It's been several YEARS since I've seen a 1 in front of my number instead of a 2 on the scale!!! Just 2 1/2 more lbs... I cannot wait!

By the way I checked that Weight Loss Conversion chart to see if 45 lbs was a special milestone and saw that 45 isn't, but 44 was....I had lost an elephant's heart with 44. A heart is okay but I want the penis, darn it! :lol:

How's everyone else doing?

Edited by NanceXToo

Way to Go!:hurray:

I'm up to:

an average human leg and a rack of baby back ribs

I'm aiming for at least another:

chemical additives an American consumes each year

Which will bring me to my goal of a 5000 BTU air conditioner :).

(I just love this thread!)

Edited by Susan in TN

Since my last reply I'd gotten up to a human brain lost (luckily it isn't my own:lol:) then I gained back a guinea pig and then lost him again.

So I'm still at the human brain, but I hope to get back on the wagon again, now that we're not all sick. The warmer weather will help too, as I'll be able to get out more with the kids.

Nance, why didn't you attach a pic of yourself holding an elephant's heart?

:confused:

:D

Funny you should mention that. I'm taking the kids to the circus today. (Not joking). They'll be riding an elephant while we're there before or after the circus. I am SO going to be having odd thoughts about that elephant. :lol::lol:

So, remember this post? Just wanted to come back again and say that as of this morning, I'm now down 45.2 lbs total!! I have gone from 247.6 lbs to 202.4 lbs. I'm happy about the 45 lbs, but I'm getting SO antsy to be out of these 200's already. It's been several YEARS since I've seen a 1 in front of my number instead of a 2 on the scale!!! Just 2 1/2 more lbs... I cannot wait!

By the way I checked that Weight Loss Conversion chart to see if 45 lbs was a special milestone and saw that 45 isn't, but 44 was....I had lost an elephant's heart with 44. A heart is okay but I want the penis, darn it! :lol:

How's everyone else doing?

That last sentence is further proof that no single sentence should ever be taken out of context!!! :lol:

Congratulations Nance and all!!!!!

:hurray: :party: :hurray:

That last sentence is further proof that no single sentence should ever be taken out of context!!! :lol:

LOL!

And, congratulations Nance!!!!

:thumbup:

I'll give you fifty points if you come back later and post a pic of yourself with an elephant. :thumbup1:

If you insist. :lol:

Elephant pics, just for you!

Two of me and my son in front of an elephant, and then a few of an elephant performance (including an elephant standing on some sort of a ball).

Thank you!! And I forgot to say but I did LOL at that out of context line! :D

:party:

Just picture holding THAT critter's heart' date=' baby!!!!

YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you're gonna go ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

And who knows, one day you might just be the sparkly lady sitting in its trunk. :D

I don't think that will ever happen, although I do think my daughter is currently starry-eyed and plotting on how to run away and join the circus since she's discovered that I don't think it is reasonable or realistic for us to sign her up and travel together as a family so she can be a circus performer lol. I told her she can try to marry someone in the circus and have circus babies and that way they can be a circus family and all travel together when she's an adult but that it's not going to happen now. She didn't love my answer. :confused:

(She did seem over it in the car on the way home, though, when she moved on to her next big dream of convincing me to take her to Hoboken so she can meet her idol Buddy Valastro of Cake Boss and order a cake from him, even though that's a five hour round trip, and even though I said he's probably pretty busy and famous now and doesn't come out to say "hi" to every person who walks in looking for him, assuming he's even there. She said if we went for a consultation, like for an Easter cake, he would meet with us. I had to point out the obvious which is that 1) we don't celebrate Easter and 2) he does consultations for really BIG cakes and we have a really smallllll family, and 3) his specialty cakes are probably ridiculously expensive... I'm really starting to feel guilty about destroying all of her dreams here!...We did look up his cake shop address and let her write him a letter last night though, so Buddy will be getting fan mail from my daughter (most 11 year old girls want to write to Justin Bieber, mine wants to write to Buddy Valastro LOL. She gave him her email address, I wonder if he'll ever email her). Maybe for a special occasion some time I'll coincide a visit to my aunt's house in NJ with a visit to that bakery so she can get something from there. I highly doubt she'll see Buddy but maybe she'd recognize somebody she's seen on the show, and she'd get to taste something from the bakery, she'd get a kick out of it. We'll see!

On the bright side, the scale said 201.8 this morning, so I'm even CLOSER to being out of the 200's!!! Can.Not.Wait!!!

I don't think that will ever happen, although I do think my daughter is currently starry-eyed and plotting on how to run away and join the circus since she's discovered that I don't think it is reasonable or realistic for us to sign her up and travel together as a family so she can be a circus performer lol.

My dh's neice has indeed "run away to join the circus". After getting a degree in engineering, she moved to Austrailia to attend NICA "circus school) - training in aerial acrobatics (ala Cirque du Soleil). Dreams do come true :D.