Menu

Blogger or Wordpress

What do you recommend for blogging?  

1. 1. What do you recommend for blogging?

• Blogger (Blogspot)
    • Wordpress
    • Other: please list in comments

I am planning on starting a new blog that is public. I have used Blogger for personal blogs, however, there are a few items I didn't like. Such as using personal pics within the header, etc.

I have heard Wordpress is good, however, it looks like the best way to use this is to buy your domain name first. (I believe I can go through Go Daddy for about 14 a year) I am trying to decide if this is worth it.

I would like to link amazon, etc. to the blog. So those that have experience which do you prefer?

Or is there a better option that I have not hear of?

Well, personal pix in the header are an option on matter where you blog. It is as easy as just not bothering with it if you don't like it.

I bought my domain name for $10 this past fall for my Blogger blog.

I think Blogger is easier, more user friendly. But I've only taken a cursory look at Wordpress.

I've been using blogger for years and they keep updating it to give you more options at personalization. I used to just go in and experiment with the html but now most things can be done in their design set up.

I spent two days trying to set up wordpress with my mac only to see that it wasn't much different than blogger anyways. So I prefer blogger.

Truthfully, I think it depends on what you are using it for. I started out using Blogger but switched to wordpress because I wanted a professional site that I could sell private ads on. If you plan on eventually selling ads or expanding your site then I recommend starting off with wordpress, it is a hassle to have to switch from one to the other.

I'm a fan of Wordpress. If people have a Blogger blog, it is a pain in the --- to comment, and most of the time I simply don't comment because it is so awkward and you have to go through all these hoops and then sometimes it still crashes. I hate that. So I like Wordpress because I want people to be able to comment on my blog without going to a lot of trouble.

I use WP and like the plug-in options and having my own domain, but my husband is a web developer, so he takes care of that side of it for me, and he does the customization of the themes (though there are some good free ones, too).

I think blogger is easier to use for those without technical expertise or help, though.

I have both, but I prefer wordpress. You will need wordpress.org with your own hosting..not wordpress.com -which is not self hosted and which you cannot have 3rd party widgets like amazon or ads.

You can buy and use your own domain address with blogger, they make it really easy to buy and use. If you don't want to use a personal photo in your header, you don't have to, you can just put the title up there.

I think blogger is at first easier to use, but wordpress will grow with you and looks more professional. Wordpress for dummies was a big help to me.

good luck!