Menu

Dentist or just better hygiene?

I'm fairly sure that I've identified the source of my swollen lymph nodes (swollen for one week as of today). It's my teeth. I brush everyday and try to floss everyday but don't always. Yesterday I discovered that one area is bleeding a lot. I'm flossing extra and using mouthwash. My swollen lymph nodes are getting better. My mouth is getting better but is still bleeding. There is zero tooth pain. Of course, it is the weekend. Should I get an appointment with the dentist for next week? Or just hope that keeping up on this at home with solve it? I mean if it is just gingivitis, it will get better, right?

If you think it's getting better and it isn't an emergency, I don't see the harm in giving it a little time to improve. My dentist once said that he'd see fewer problems if people regularly used mouthwash; he said brushing and flossing are important, but a strong mouthwash was also really effective. Best of luck to you.

Jean, haven't you had some recurring heart problems? The bacteria from gum disease can cause some heart problems...I would definitely see the dentist.

Be careful with mouthwash. My dentist made me kick my Listerine habit because she said it's too strong and was making my gums inflamed. She told me to use a waterpik instead because it makes the gum tissue healthier by breaking up the bacteria that floss alone won't be able to reach.

Jean, haven't you had some recurring heart problems? The bacteria from gum disease can cause some heart problems...I would definitely see the dentist.

Be careful with mouthwash. My dentist made me kick my Listerine habit because she said it's too strong and was making my gums inflamed. She told me to use a waterpik instead because it makes the gum tissue healthier by breaking up the bacteria that floss alone won't be able to reach.

I've had recurrent problems with pericarditis.