Menu

The Teacher's Lounge 2-8-2012

My answers.

What's for breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Breakfast is a sprouted grain English Muffin with jam and two eggs. Lunch is probably some variation of the salad with protein. I might have to grab some more salad stuff at the store. I have absolutely no idea on dinner.

What are you doing today? Today is dd's speech therapy at the local elementary school. It is also our library day. I've also scheduled a major cleaning "party" for today where my kids are going to help me get caught up in life.

Do you have an errand day? Yes, today is it though I had a chiropractor appointment yesterday and got a couple of close-by errands done at that time.

Breakfast, whatever they scrounged up. Microwave oatmeal I think for one, and cold cereal for another. I am sick can you tell? I ate (hanging head in shame) pringles and reheated coffee. It was all I had the strength for.

Lunch: leftovers or sandwiches. There is a great loaf of bread dh made and tons of veggies and sandwich meat available. So that is covered.

Doing today? Playing online so far, blowing my nose a lot, snuggled up under a blanket on the couch. Girls are working in their morning workbooks. Science experiment later.

Do I have an errand day? Well, not a full day. I do them spread throughout the week.

Usually I do a grocery run on Wed. evenings because dh is home early. I go again for good coupon deals on my way home from co-op on Fridays because I am right there. I do drug store runs on my way home from church if there is something I need because I pass several on my way home from church.

Dh usually does the bank and home improvement type runs on his day off. I take the kids to dr. appts during the day whenever necessary.

Good Morning, Well Trained Mind Family!
I like your "cleaning party" idea! What's your "motivator" for the kids to help you? (Are they going to get a treat for helping? There doesn't have to be, I'm just curious.):)

What's for breakfast?
We had some young friends overnight so we had Holiday Morning French Toast and fruit salad.

Lunch?
Leftovers or PBJs

Dinner?
Baked salmon, couscous, green beans w/carrots, garden salad, homemade Craisin bread (the rest of it, it's leftover from last night's dinner)

What are you doing today? Do you have an errand day? [/b]
Not an errand but ds9 and I will join some other friends from our homeschool group on a nursing home visit. We will play games with the residents and maybe make a Valentine's Day craft.

I like your "cleaning party" idea! What's your "motivator" for the kids to help you? (Are they going to get a treat for helping? There doesn't have to be, I'm just curious.):)

No treat for helping. The kids are motivated because I make it fun. We have a team name and do a team huddle before we start, complete with a cheer. (Dd10 likes this part better than ds14). Then I divide up the tasks between us. We do each task for 15 mins. I set a timer. One person is designated as the one who chooses the music for that 15 min. segment. (Ds14 likes this part best.) We turn up the music and work really hard for that 15 min. Then we rotate jobs and the choice of music. I think they like it because it is fast, loud and we giggle and chat while we each do our task.

Thanks for starting this - I don't have my head on yet today and had forgot.

What's for breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Breakfast for me was instant oatmeal, lunch will be leftover burgers from last night. Dinner is something involving diced fully cooked chicken.

What are you doing today? School, finishing up a science project, and walmart run for my mom's insulin.

Do you have an errand day? Right now no, but we will start one in the fall. I'm going to do our lesson planning to have light days on Wednesday or Monday {haven't decided which yet} and plan for errands those days.

What's for breakfast? Lunch? Dinner?

Breakfast -- coffee for me, juice for kiddos

Lunch -- leftovers again

Supper -- chili, dh will be happy, me not so much but at least I don't have to think about supper

What are you doing today? Oooh cleaning party :party:I like that idea. I may have to borrow it. Other than cleaning, school and trying to get over this cold.

Do you have an errand day? No :thumbup:

Good Morning, Well Trained Mind Family!

Breakfast was scrambled eggs for dh & the kids.

Lunch = grilled cheese & tomato soup... talk about a childhood food memory for me! I think that's the first time I've fixed that combo for the kids.

Dinner = leftovers of either lasagna or roast beef, either served w/salad

What are you doing today?

Still more laundry. Ugh.

Testing for CPR.

Finding a dress for dd for the Father/Daughter Dance this weekend.

OH and faxing in softball registration.

Do you have an errand day?

Not a day specifically set aside for errands, no, but I do try to lump as many together as possible.

usual for me, cream of wheat for one and cream of rice for the other

something people can make without me

leek and potato soup with a bratwurst on the side

working (it is my busy day) and trying to sqeeze in schoolin' and running the washer and dryer and cooking, isn't that enough? I need a nap. On Wednesdays, I always feel like the girls would do better in a "real" school than at home.

Do you have an errand day?

Only taken elder dd to cello

The kids had waffles for breakfast. I skipped breakfast, but then ate 3 Caramel deLite Girl Scout cookies (aka Samoas). :huh: Lunch was a variety of leftovers for everyone.....followed by Thin Mint cookies. (Can you tell we picked up our GS cookies yesterday!?). Dinner is going to be pizza b/c we have church and dance until 7pm and dh is working late.

DD14 had literature class. After I dropped her off, I took ds to get a haircut and then went grocery shopping. We're doing schoolwork and chores now and will be leaving at 4pm for church (kids choir) and dd14's dance classes. I have to work tonight too, which is going to make for a very long day.

Do you have an errand day? I tend to run errands on Wednesday when we are in town for dd14's lit coop. Otherwise, I tend to run errands in the evening when we are in town for extracurricular activities.