Menu

Quick AAS?

Edwena

We're nearing the end of our current AAS manuals (2 & 4) for each of my dc. I don't know if I should start up the next levels or not. I'd probably be able to get atleast 6 weeks done in the new levels before our school year was over. Is it worth it or should I just switch to studied dictation for the remainder of the year? Then I could pick up the next level next year. I'm split. Part of me wants to start the new level and the other part thinks it would be a waste of time. Then another part of me wants to try the studied dictation with my dc for awhile. :001_unsure:

If you have a definitive end to the school year and don't do any schooling during your break then I would wait to start the new book.

My daughter will be in the same position in April. I don't like starting something we can't finish so, when she is done, she is done and we will pick up in September with the next book.

Since you want to try studied dictation I would seize the opportunity.

If you have a definitive end to the school year and don't do any schooling during your break then I would wait to start the new book.

My daughter will be in the same position in April. I don't like starting something we can't finish so, when she is done, she is done and we will pick up in September with the next book.

Since you want to try studied dictation I would seize the opportunity.

:iagree: (I also agree with MsAlimar's choice of teacup avatar--it has a calming effect. ;))

In addition to the dictation, I would do short, periodic reviews with the AAS cards.

I always keep going no matter where we are in the school year, but that's because my kids are older and I want to get them through the series sooner. Whether you break now or later, you'll have to do some review when you start back up, but the longer the break, the more review you'll likely need to do. (Or at least that's my experience--I don't like long breaks and what they do to content lost, in ANY subject, LOL!). To me AAS just keeps on going--it's not "book-centric" if that makes sense.

Merry :-)

I always keep going

<snip>

Whether you break now or later, you'll have to do some review when you start back up, but the longer the break, the more review you'll likely need to do. (Or at least that's my experience--I don't like long breaks and what they do to content lost, in ANY subject, LOL!). To me AAS just keeps on going--it's not "book-centric" if that makes sense.

:iagree: