Menu

App for side by side schedules? Like MOTH?

Is there an app out there that will allow you to see multiple schedules side by side? I am thinking of the daily schedule like the ones suggested in Managers of Their Homes, where I can plug in what each of my children (and myself) would be doing at 9am, 9:30am, 10am, etc. I can make up a pages document, but I keep thinking there must be an app out there that will work like this. Doing this on the regular calendar app looks so cluttered . . . TIA

• 2 weeks later...
Is there an app out there that will allow you to see multiple schedules side by side? I am thinking of the daily schedule like the ones suggested in Managers of Their Homes, where I can plug in what each of my children (and myself) would be doing at 9am, 9:30am, 10am, etc. I can make up a pages document, but I keep thinking there must be an app out there that will work like this. Doing this on the regular calendar app looks so cluttered . . . TIA

I actually just use Google calendar for each of my three kids. I have a different calendar for each of them and create reoccurring appointments for library day, tests, etc. I also copy their personal appointments to my google calendar so I'm not double-booked.

I also share the calendar with their father so he can see what they are working on.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I just stumbled upon this thread and just had to know...so after much searching, this is the closest I could find: it's called Timetable (made by Kiwi). What you want to do is create a timetable for each kiddo and then each activity you add, make sure you have checked "viewable for all timetables" so you can see them side by side. Also, make each activity the same color based on the kiddo to be like MOTH. It also has a print to pdf feature which looks neat. Hope this helps!

I use an app for ipad called Pocket Informant. I am able to sync to the cloud and our google calendar so that DH has access to it as well. Each person is a different color.

I haven't heard of Timetable but it looks interesting. Is it an app for ipad or the computer?

I use an app for ipad called Pocket Informant. I am able to sync to the cloud and our google calendar so that DH has access to it as well. Each person is a different color.

I haven't heard of Timetable but it looks interesting. Is it an app for ipad or the computer?

Timetable is an ipad app. :)

Timetable is an ipad app. :)

Update: I'm still playing around with this- but had to say, that making a separate timetable for each child is not the way to go after all. Just make a timetable called School and whenever creating an "activity", make it the color that you want to designate for that child. Here's the drawback: you have to assign activities in order from left to right for each overlapping time slot so that child's schedule will stay in his/her column. This to me is the biggest weakness of this app for what we are trying to do.