Menu

Teaching Textbooks Question

We are new to TT - just started last week. I considered supplementing with MM, but... My current plan is to supplement with ideas from the Living Math site, along with Life of Fred and RS games. But I'm opting for those because I have them on the shelf already.

Interested in hearing other ideas... :bigear:

Well, it's the lessons plus the quizzes. With TT5 if you add in the quizzes it will bring it to 130 lessons and quizzes. You could do TT four days a week (you'll still finish it before you'd finish a 36 week curriculum) and then if you wanted to do something else that 5th day you could, or not, up to you. Here, we do Life of Fred one day a week for fun, my daughter likes the story. But TT is our "main" math curriculum.

I went to the gym right after I posted this and while there I got to thinking-- I have enough for my 4th grader for a while because we have the entire key to set, calculadders and Patty Paper Geometry. So that will help keep her busy and in practice probably for a couple years doing it 1 or 2 days a week.

My 8th grader will be done with BCM within a couple months then we will start TT Algebra 1. Has anybody used this? I found if when I got home after searching Rainbow Resource. That might be just what I need to keep her in practice. Or I was thinking maybe AoPS a year behind? She is not a mathy kid and I would love to build problem solving skills in her if at all possible. Rainbow Resource also has a few books of Algebra word problems. Does anybody have a recommendation for a good one?

Thoughts?

Edited by wy_kid_wrangler04

We have been working through TT4 and TT5 this year. My kids usually do two lessons a day, except Friday. Lately, we have been slowing down and doing 1 but we are in the last 1/4 of the book at this point. I have added in other math activities as well, including RS. Next year, I think I will add in LOF.