Menu

What math before TT3?

mo2

I have switched to TT with my 9yo and love it. I will most likely use it with the younger kids, but the lowest level TT has is grade 3. What program (if any) would you suggest for grades K-2, knowing that I intend to use TT in grade 3?

We're using Saxon 1-3 and then will probably switch to TT for my 3rd dd - just turned 8...but I'm not sure which level we will start with. We'll use the placement tests to figure it out.

I think TT3 for 3rd grade is fine if it's the right level for your child (placement tests are very helpful). Beth, your dd seems gifted in math (using CD prealg as an 8yo is advanced). Remember, each kid moves at his/her own pace.

:)

Edited by sandra in va

We're using Saxon 1-3 and then will probably switch to TT for my 3rd dd - just turned 8...but I'm not sure which level we will start with. We'll use the placement tests to figure it out.

I think TT3 for 3rd grade is fine if it's the right level for your child (placement tests are very helpful)! Beth, your dd seems gifted in math (using CD prealg as an 8yo is advanced). Remember, each kid moves at his/her own pace.

:)

I wasn't referring to my dd8 who is using CD. I was referring to my dd7 who is operating at normal speed. :)

Dd7 used SM 1, RS B & TT3 in grade 1. I would not recommend TT3 in grade 3.

My dd(8) is using TT3, and I think it is perfect for second grade. It introduces a lot of concepts most first grade scopes and sequences do not.

To the OP, I would use CLE, or Math Mammoth prior to TT3.