Menu

Grrr! Wellbutrin seems to be working but the insomnia is back.

You know, the insomnia I had for five years and just mastered about 3 months ago. I had two blissful months of sleeping through the night and now I am back to not sleeping at all. Saw my regular Dr. today and he said that he didn't think that this was going to work for me long term but did give me some other meds to research.

GAH!!!! I LOATHE insomnia!

How did you get a grip on it for the 3 months?? I am glad the Wellbutrin is working for you. Maybe you can take it 12 hours later or earlier and see if that helps. My dd takes cymbalta at night...when I tried that, I was falling over all day and wide awake all night. I took it in the am and that worked for me......although the Cymbalta did not relieve my pain, so I am off it.

:grouphug:

Faithe

I had to stop Wellbutrin, because of insomnia. I am sorry. I was hoping this would work for you. It is so hard. I really liked how I felt during the day, then I would start to develop severe nighttime anxiety. I was just dreading not being able to sleep.

GAH!!!! I LOATHE insomnia!

How did you get a grip on it for the 3 months?? I am glad the Wellbutrin is working for you. Maybe you can take it 12 hours later or earlier and see if that helps. My dd takes cymbalta at night...when I tried that, I was falling over all day and wide awake all night. I took it in the am and that worked for me......although the Cymbalta did not relieve my pain, so I am off it.

Faithe

We moved my Lamictal to mornings, increased my Seroquel at night to take along with my Ambien and then xanax when or if I woke up in the middle of the night. The Wellbutrin is XL and is my body 24/7. Since it is an acitvating AD it is interfering with my sleep. We knew that it would be an iffy med for me but I wanted to give it a fair chance before discounting it entirely.

I believe you can take Benadryl with welbutrin. I would look into taking that at night. It helps me a lot with breathing (allergies) and with sleep.

Dawn

Benedryl has absolutely no effect on my ability to sleep. I take two pills every four hours during allergy season without any drowsiness at all. My insomnia is pretty hard to treat.

That is too bad. They knock me out and help me sleep all night.

Well, shoot.

Dawn

Benedryl has absolutely no effect on my ability to sleep. I take two pills every four hours during allergy season without any drowsiness at all. My insomnia is pretty hard to treat.