Menu

Teacher's Lodge 1-26-2012

Good Morning everyone! It is a beautiful but cold day here, so I am taking advantage of it and doing laundry today and cleaning up the house. Tomorrow I will start the lodge early as I have to be out of the house with errands.

What's for breakfast? What's for lunch? Breakfast is up in the air, as usual. I'm thinking for me it will be toaster strudel, and DD will decide what she wants when she wakes in a few hours. Lunch, if we have it, will be leftovers.

Going anywhere today? No where - I was considering going to the grocery, but decided not to go and to stay home to clean instead. There is nothing I NEED just things I want, and I'm trying to save my pennies instead.

What's on your mind today? A lot of things - the multitude of packages I have incoming in the mail right now, the lab work I need to go get done tomorrow, my trip to the local homeschool used book room tomorrow and sorting out a donation bag to take in, and starting school next week.

Good morning! Breakfast today was oatmeal for the kids and raisin bread for me. Lunch will be whatever we grab in between swim... usually Sonic.

We're off to swim again today. I have DD at home because she went psychosomatic and refused to go to school, so she'll be with us. She's never done a Thursday before. This ought to be interesting.

Today I'm thinking about how a school day will go this fall. Just because DD would have made herself vomit if I'd sent her to school doesn't mean she's really sick, so she's parked at her desk doing school like her brother. So far it's been interesting. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to juggle them. It's going to take some fine-tuning.

Hope everyone has a good day! (And if you're tired of rain or snow, send it my way!)

Good Morning,

Breakfast for us will be cold cereal or oatmeal. Lunch is a distant consideration.

For the first time in 2 weeks, I have nowhere to go! I don't have to work this afternoon, so I will be cleaning my house and doing extra science experiments with my boys. We're studying buoyancy right now. Fun stuff!

I've got so many errands to run! But, I'm putting it off until tomorrow. I just need a day at home.

I sure do wish I had a used book room to visit! Lucky!

What's for lunch? Lunch--ahhh, I have friends and their dc coming over for "a day in the country," starting with lunch. So it'll be a roast chicken, mashed turnips, cornbread, split pea soup, and mixed fresh berries. Oh, and iced tea. And then, I don't know. What are you supposed to do on a day in the country? Should we go cow tipping? Get waaaay too deep in each other's business?

Going anywhere today? Depends on if I get the house cleaned before friends get here. If not, I'll be ducking out just before they arrive and coming back just after they leave.

What's on your mind today? Mind? Mind???? what mind????? that thing's looooooooooong gone.

What's for breakfast? What's for lunch? Breakfast was yogurt, lunch was schnitzel. :) I have no clue on dinner and I really should by this point!

Going anywhere today? Today's our busy day. We had co-op this morning and then I dropped The Teen at play practice so I could go to my cub scouts. Now it's home again for another half hour before I take him to his scouts.

What's on your mind today? Mind? What's that? :D Not a whole lot except what to make for dinner!

What's for breakfast? What's for lunch?

Breakfast will be waffles. We are getting our first egg and milk delivery in 2 weeks because the weather is finally cooperating. I miss my eggs at breakfast! (I did buy some at the store during that time but I guess I didn't buy enough.)

Lunch will be salad with some cut up carne asada for protein and kick.

Going anywhere today? Today we'll stay home all day. I do go to Zumba tonight and one of my dd's friends from the Y has e-mailed to say that she'll be there too. Dd10 will be happy.:001_smile:

What's on your mind today? Am I doing enough? Do I know what I'm doing? It is one of those "being assailed by doubts" days. I need to put that out of my mind and just buckle down to do what I can as best as I can.

What's for breakfast? What's for lunch? The kids had cereal for breakfast. I had a donut! ;) My dad just brought over a dozen fresh bagels, so that will probably be lunch. We'll probably just have leftovers for dinner, as dh and ds are going out of town this weekend and I don't want the leftovers to go to waste!

Going anywhere today?

I already took the little girl I babysit to her Mother's Morning Out preschool. I have to pick her back up at 1pm. I have to take dd14 to dance at 4pm and then pick her back up at 8:30pm. When my dh gets home this evening, I have to drive my van to our mechanic. Dh will follow me so I can get home (van has to stay with the mechanic for the weekend).

What's on your mind today? I need to start thinking about planning for next year.

What's for breakfast? What's for lunch? My breakfast was coffee and a piece of toast with crunchy pb and yumberry jam~~the same as yesterday. I'm just not much of a breakfast person.

Going anywhere today? Nope. It's raining (again!) and I'm happy to stay inside.

What's on your mind today? Mostly thinking about finances (tax season is here!! Ack!!) and thinking ahead to school next year and wondering what the kids will be doing.

;)What's for breakfast? What's for lunch?

Breakfast - I had a cup of coffee

kiddoes had sausage and biscuits (dh fixed alot on Sunday so we were trying to finish them off)

Lunch - leftovers and whatever else you can find (there wasn't enough leftovers)

Going anywhere today? Hope not, not planning on it. It is rainy/foggy and we are broke so good reason to stay home

What's on your mind today? I woke with my mind going in a hundred directions and with a headache :sad: Thinking about things I need to do around this messy house :ack2: bills that are due :eek: and school stuff :confused:

I wish my body could go as fast as my mind, at least the house might look better

I sure do wish I had a used book room to visit! Lucky!

We are blessed to have one through a local homeschool center, FEAST. They purposely sell things very low that have been donated to help other homeschool families. I try to go at least once a month, more if I can, just to see what is new. I even managed to get DD's computer through them for $30 last year when they upgraded theirs.

So far today I've done well cleaning and sorting textbooks. Worked a little on plans for starting next week, in addition to plans for this fall. I'm waiting for the mailman to arrive soon to pick up 2 outgoing packages and hopefully bring me part of the incoming packages I'm waiting on. I've been waiting for over a week now for part of it, and they have until mid-February to get here. I am hoping it doesn't take as long as that, because we need those textbooks NOW!

How do you handle the wait for things to come in the mail? Especially when you need them right now?