Menu

"Don't tell anyone I let you listen to this"

I guess I'm very different than some in this area. My kids are free to listen to anything I do with only one exception, Eminem. My oldest has loved Billy Joel since he was a baby. Piano Man and Only the Good Die Young are his favorite songs. My dd loves Matchbox 20, the only thing that would soothe her as a baby was if I put on one of their CDs, She's totally hooked on anything sung by Rob Thomas because of this. "Real World" is her favorite song. Now my little guy is the oddball, his favorite song is "3 little birds" by Bob Marley. He's my Reggae lover.:lol:

I guess I never realized that Billy Joel was scandalous.

I also watch the Big Bang Theory with my kids, they love it. In fact my dd was stoked that we got our delivery of the first 4 seasons on DVD/Blu-Ray today and has commandeered them all. I also let my dd watch Bones with me, she loves it and the gore doesn't get to her at all, but she's been a lover of animal and medical documentaries since she was 4 and views it all as just part of our natural world. My oldest loves CSI and is so happy that Lawrence Fishborne character is gone. He much prefers Ted Danson's character, who is in his opinion, is more "Grissom" like.

ETA: I almost forgot to say my kids also like Ina-gada-da-vida, due to their grandpa, who likes to blast it from the basement and are very proud to let everyone know they know they song's real words were supposed to be "in the garden of eden" but the words got slurred and jumbled into ina-gada-da-vida because of drunkeness on Doug Ingle's part

Edited by nukeswife

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ETA: I almost forgot to say my kids also like Ina-gada-da-vida, due to their grandpa, who likes to blast it from the basement and are very proud to let everyone know they know they song's real words were supposed to be "in the garden of eden" but the words got slurred and jumbled into ina-gada-da-vida because of drunkeness on Doug Ingle's part

I love, love, love this song. My dad used to listen to it as loud as the car radio would go. Dh HATES this song - thinks it's the worst piece of carp ever written. But he lets the kids listen to Journey and Boston?!? :confused: Obviously we have different definitions of carp at our house.

I love, love, love this song. My dad used to listen to it as loud as the car radio would go. Dh HATES this song - thinks it's the worst piece of carp ever written. But he lets the kids listen to Journey and Boston?!? :confused: Obviously we have different definitions of carp at our house.

OOOOH them's fightin' words. Boston and Journey are awesome! Feeling that Way/Anytime and Foreplay/Long Time are some of the best "combo songs" ever!! Boston and Journey only got sucky once they got into the 80's, but in the 70's they rocked!!!

OOOOH them's fightin' words. Boston and Journey are awesome! Feeling that Way/Anytime and Foreplay/Long Time are some of the best "combo songs" ever!! Boston and Journey only got sucky once they got into the 80's, but in the 70's they rocked!!!

But really - Boston vs. Iron Butterfly???? Journey vs. Led Zeppelin???? DH has the sentimental attachment to all things 80s and I definitely do not. I'm trying to raise my kids better than that. ;)

But really - Boston vs. Iron Butterfly???? Journey vs. Led Zeppelin???? DH has the sentimental attachment to all things 80s and I definitely do not. I'm trying to raise my kids better than that. ;)

hehehe I can't fault you for not wanting the 80's music, but there's plenty of great music from the 60's and 70's that I don't think you have to choose Boston or Iron Butterfly. Shoot. Let's make it a party and bring Iron Butterly, the Doors, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Journey and Boston and if you want to add some 80's there's always Van Halen and Joe Satriani! :p :D Where's the girl who was the D.J?? I'm sure she could get the party started! :party: :hurray: Woot! :cheers2:

Edited by Ibbygirl

If you want to get to your destination fast I highly recommend the Boston album (CD). But be warned this might result in a speeding ticket.

(not that I'd have any experience with that or anything...:tongue_smilie:)

If you want to get to your destination fast I highly recommend the Boston album (CD). But be warned this might result in a speeding ticket.

(not that I'd have any experience with that or anything...:tongue_smilie:)

hehehehehe I always have Boston's first album in my car! hehehe that and a cd that I made of of "driving tunes" that starts with Radar Love! :p