Menu

Princess birthday party ideas...NOT Disney

homemade princess wands (dowels with lots of ribbons and glitter)--either the kids make them or you could for party prizes

Ask guests to come in princess or prince attire and let their imaginations run!

Check out this "Princess and the Pea" playset--definitely need adult help, but depending on if you are crafty and like this sort of thing, I think it is really cute. http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2009/04/myprincess.html

Lots of pink and pretty, in my mind.

Have fun!

Edited by Farmgirl70
add link

When my daughter was young we did a princess party with a castle cake, a castle jumpy house, a bin with "gems" and sand to dig and uncover, blow up wands and did a wand relay, homemade capes and tiaras they could decorate with glue dots and gems, but you could also use glitter glue and markers. We did castle turrets with flowing fabric to enter into......oh wish she was young again.....I want to have another princess party!!

Two games we played at a princess party:

- Sleeping Beauty game: like musical chairs, except that we put small blankets in a circle on the floor, and when the music stopped you had to find a blanket and fall asleep for 100 years.

- Cinderella race: Divide kids into two teams. Everyone takes one shoe off and you pile the shoes in the middle of the room. When the race starts, the first kid on each team runs to the middle of the room, finds their own shoe, and runs back to tag the next person in line.

For a craft, I bought some cheap plastic wine glasses and the kids decorated them with stick-on gems. They LOVED it.

I did a king party since I had boys but you could incorporate things with it.

I did sew so that helped.

I made every one capes to wear, simple squares with a tie

and boys got crowns and girls got the hat things I'll post a picture.

We did make shields, boys and girls,

We played pin the flag on the castle. We drew a castle, and made paper flags for them to pin on the castle.

I made a castle cake and an ice cream castle cake,

I don't remember all the games we played though.

post-12366-13535086195473_thumb.jpg

post-12366-13535086195829_thumb.jpg

post-12366-13535086195473_thumb.jpg

post-12366-13535086195829_thumb.jpg

We went to a princess party where the girls played princess and the pea. The couch cushions and throw pillows were on the floor, with a small ball hidden under one. The girls all came into the room, sat on a cushion, and tried to figure out who had the "pea". They were 2-4 year olds and they did it over, and over, and over. :lol: They loved it!

I threw a princess party for my dd when she turned 3. I lots of goodie bags and activities from the Oriental Trading Co. Like foam crowns and a back of adhesive jewles for the kids to decorate with. We also had inflatable swords that held up fairly well and long gold glittery wands. And the rubber duckie knights and princesses. I bought goodie bags from there as well but ordered the ones shaped like little treasure chests so I could pass them out for girls and boys.

As a last minute idea I ordered pink candy corn (from OTC as well) and the everyone loved it.