Menu

Do you and your dh "chat" in the middle of the night?

Occasionally, we will wake each other up for all types of chats. That's ok by me; I'm already so sleep deprived...what's waking up for one more person gonna hurt????

A very few times in our married life, we have had the bizarre and beautiful experience of simultaneously waking up in the middle of the night in a hypnotic and...really, there's no other word than... erotic state. I wish I could figure out what made the conditions perfect! It was so random, but amazing. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Yes. :001_wub: Good times... disco.gif

I can't string together a coherent phrase without having been awake for several minutes. For anything more, uh, intense, I need a wake up time of at least 15 minutes. Then I'm awake, and there's not much chance of sleep!

There really isn't much point in waking me to "chat." Or "chat." However, if I wake up for another reason and am awake, and then he wakes up and SEES that I'm wake...well, then, antything might happen. Including him asking for a back rub. :-P

But, yes, I wake him up if I am in the mood. He has yet to complain after almost 16 years of marriage.

And I also wake him up if I have a profound thought in the middle of the night.

yes if it were a mood situation DH would be fine.

'to talk' would just present him as less than avail for conversation.

I do it ONCE in a while if it's something really pressing, but he just grunts and says ok before going back to sleep.

Do you and your dh wake each other up in the middle of the night, just to "chat" about something?

A post in another thread, about a dh waking dw up in the night to tell her about something he was considering buying on HSN, has me wondering. Do other people do this? Wake each other up just because they have an idea, or there's something interesting on TV, or because they can't sleep, or because they're "in the mood for love", or whatever?

I think that if I woke up my dh for something less than an emergency, he would just grunt at me, look bewildered, then -- I don't know because I've never tried it.

I know what would happen if he woke me up for something like that -- Let's just say he probably wouldn't try it again.

So, what say ye? Do normal, happily married couples wake each other up from a deep sleep just to chat? (in other words, am I abnormal)

I'm all ears. :bigear:

Heck no. I'm dead to the world when I sleep!! He wouldn't wake me up to chat.....or to chaT! ;) Now, maybe first thing in the morning we might chat...

A very few times in our married life, we have had the bizarre and beautiful experience of simultaneously waking up in the middle of the night in a hypnotic and...really, there's no other word than... erotic state. I wish I could figure out what made the conditions perfect! It was so random, but amazing. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Yes. And in that case, there's not really anyone "waking" anyone else. It would be lovely to be able to make these things happen, lol...