Menu

Acne red scars and rosacea

We used proactiv to clear up ds15's acne and it has worked really well. However, his cheeks are left with lots of red spots. The skin is smooth but from a distance it looks like he still has bad acne. One article I read suggested finding treatments for rosacea as that will help the red scars fade. Can anyone suggest something to try? Another article talked about anti-aging products but I don't know which one to try. There are just so many ingredients and I don't know where to start.

He does have an appointment with a dermatologist in a couple of weeks but from what I'm reading, there doesn't seem to be too much they can do and that over-the-counter treatments can work just as well without the prescription side effects.

This problem is seriously affecting his self-confidence and perhaps even self-esteem. He thinks he is ugly and that no one will want to have anything to do with him. And now he has braces which is really not helping things. I'm hoping that we can clear up the skin so at least he's back to worrying about one thing and not two things.

Aloe vera gel mixed with Vitamin E oil.

Go to a natural foods store and buy the highest percent of pure aloe vera gel you can find (with no additives, perfumes, or dyes - not the usual drugstore type they sell for sunburns). Before applying, mix in a little Vitamin E oil (either buy a bottle of pure Vitamin E oil, also sold at natural foods stores - or open up a Vitamin E capsule and squeeze the oil out).

It might take awhile to see results, but I've heard that some people see good results with this combination in as little as a few days.

HTH!

ETA: I have personally only tried the Vitamin E oil (to fade scars and for other skin problems) and have seen good results with that myself. The aloe vera gel/Vitamin E combo is something I've heard about from others, but have not personally tried.

Edited by Dandelion

Call the local mall and see if they are stocking some of the cosmetics for men (same as lady makeup, but all macho'd in packaging with a price to match)-if he's open to using it, and your open to buying it, wear it at home a few days in private to get used to it and any possible reactions.

That would be an instant super quick fix for him until he can get to the doctor.