Menu

PSA: If you change your phone number...

...please contact the professionals you interact with on a regular basis.

We switched phone numbers recently (cells) and apparently the previous holder of my number has medical issues. It's been long enough for her to notify these people, like a couple of months. Yesterday I received two calls for appointment reminders probably and today a notification that my prescription was ready to be picked up. I blocked the numbers because they call in the middle of school and distract me! I don't answer during school unless it's dh or my parents. So then I'm distracted wondering who it is. :lol: I adore google, it's so helpful. I called the pharmacist back and told them to remove my number from the records. She asked for my name, which I told her was irrelevant as I don't even live in their town, I'm not in their files. :glare:

Minor annoyance, but a pain. :smash:

That is annoying but it could be worse. The person who had our number before us is in major debt to lots of people. For 6 years we have been getting phone calls for her. The first year we also got calls when her child skipped school at least 3 times a week. Years later we still get calls for her and the people don't believe is that we don't know her since the accounts were opened in the past year! So years later she is still using the wrong phone number to keep creditors from calling her ;( Makes me so mad.

The person who had our home phone number before us apparently had left unpaid bills galore because we had creditors calling for about five years. One-by-one I finally got rid of them.

We use prepaid cells, and we've all had that type of call. One of my DC used to get them almost daily until we blocked all but a few numbers. Mine had apparently belonged to a dishonest contractor because I had building supply companies and customers calling to complain! Thankfully that sort of thing finally ended after awhile, but it is a downside IMHO to cell phones in general.

Our number we have had for years is a different area code from an oil company that came about 2 years ago. We know when fall comes as that is when we start getting calls from "where's my oil" to " I want to discuss my bills" to my favorite " WHAT? Why aren't your delivering my oil. Just because I haven't paid you I should still get it". That one left me several messages that were all entertaining.

:blink::banghead::rant:

And if I call you back, Ms. Professional, to let you know T. Smith no longer has this number, please don't let your first reply be "well it's not my fault". Obviously dumb**** that's why I'm calling you, to let you know, don't get so defensive right off the bat. And if I sound irritated when you ask my name, for the second time today (second person), and I tell you it's irrelevant, it's because I like my privacy and it doesn't matter who I am, because I don't KNOW T. Smith!!!

All this in the middle of a two hour long algebra marathon in which my nerves are already shot. Geez, I was trying to be nice.

:rant: rant over.

That is annoying but it could be worse. The person who had our number before us is in major debt to lots of people. For 6 years we have been getting phone calls for her. The first year we also got calls when her child skipped school at least 3 times a week. Years later we still get calls for her and the people don't believe is that we don't know her since the accounts were opened in the past year! So years later she is still using the wrong phone number to keep creditors from calling her ;( Makes me so mad.

I feel your pain! We've had our number for almost 10 years now and are still getting phone calls for "Tina". Mostly collection calls, but also the occasional one for doctors appointments and "Your prescription at x pharmacy is ready for pick up", so we know she's still giving out OUR number as if it were hers. Totally bugs. :glare:

We used to get phone calls from the DA and police! And the person's mother!

:lol::lol: Nice! The person's mother! Wow. Sorry, mom forgot to tell you.

My concern is that the last one was a medical bill collector and they'll keep calling anyway. Apparently I had the number blocked already, but they can leave a voicemail.

I feel your pain! We've had our number for almost 10 years now and are still getting phone calls for "Tina". Mostly collection calls, but also the occasional one for doctors appointments and "Your prescription at x pharmacy is ready for pick up", so we know she's still giving out OUR number as if it were hers. Totally bugs. :glare:

Your number isn't 555-1212, I sometimes put that on online forms when I don't want to leave my real number. :lol:

Ten years? Really, Tina, really? I'm sorry.

Hmm.

There's someone who gives MY number to guys she meets at parties where she doesn't want to give them hers.

After a few months I started telling them that. "Oh yes, I get men calling for her all the time, but I've never even met her, I don't know why she gives out my number."

Hmm.

There's someone who gives MY number to guys she meets at parties where she doesn't want to give them hers.

After a few months I started telling them that. "Oh yes, I get men calling for her all the time, but I've never even met her, I don't know why she gives out my number."

:svengo: Oh my!