Menu

Help me figure out how to make these mini cheesecakes?

My dh can't have chocolate ('cause it irritates his GERD), and he likes for me to keep treats around that he can have. Not every day, but you know, when he wants one.

So I was thinking I could make up a bunch of mini cheesecakes with a strawberry topping and freeze them, and he could have one whenever he wants.

Would this work by using a muffin pan? Like, can I just put some graham cracker crust on the bottom, fill up the cup with cheesecake mixture, bake, cool, and freeze? I guess what I'm asking is, will they actually come out of the muffin tins like little cheesecakes? How do I ensure that they do that?

Any tips?

I make mini cheesecake to freeze quite often.

I use a cupcake liner in a muffin tin. You can make simple crust with crushed graham crackers and melted butter, pressed down, then the cheesecake batter poured on top. Bake 20-25 minutes, instead of an hour like for a full-size cheesecake.

I make mini cheesecake to freeze quite often.

I use a cupcake liner in a muffin tin. You can make simple crust with crushed graham crackers and melted butter, pressed down, then the cheesecake batter poured on top. Bake 20-25 minutes, instead of an hour like for a full-size cheesecake.

Ok,but I'm wondering if the cheesecake doesn't stick a LOT to the liner? It seems like something where you'd end up with quite a mess when you go to eat it. The cheesecake all stuck to the paper liner. :tongue_smilie:

I have a special mini cheesecake pan that has removable bottoms, but if I were going to bake mini cheesecakes in a regular muffin pan, I'd put in the paper liners and then spray them with Pam before filling them.

First of all, I want your mini cheesecake pan. You can pm me for my address to mail it to.

:D

I think what I'll do is get some of those stiff foil liners, and spray them with Pam. Dh will be a very happy man today, thanks to the hive. (He's been moaning that the only treats we have in the house are chocolate. Like that's a bad thing. :tongue_smilie:)