Menu

Good app for math drill?

Perogi

I'd love to find a good app for math drill for the iPod and/or iPad. We could use some drill of addition for my 6yo and multiplication for my 8yo. I just downloaded Space Math and it seems pretty good but thought I'd see what others are using. It's easier for me if it's an app rather than something on the computer.

My favorites are the MathGirl apps. They are supposed to be coming out with a multiplication one soon. I like them because they are all about visualizing numbers instead of just memorizing random facts. Definitely worth the money in my book!

Other ones I or my kids really like: Match-Up Lite, Digitz, Name That Number (McGraw Hill), Rocket Math, Math Garden, Yukendo, Top-It (Addition and Subtraction), the McGraw Hill Baseball Multiplication apps

I like the apps by Math Tappers, too, because they help in visualizing the numbers, but they're not as fun as many other apps. You'd probably have to actually assign them as part of school in order to get the kids to do them.

Some other ones we have: AddBubbles, PopMath, MathMaster, Math Puppy, ArithmeTick, Math Pairs, Beat the Computer, Snake Puzzle

• 1 year later...