Menu

Peace and Quiet

Is something that refuses to exist in this house!!! My brain is on overload because I can't get a minute of quiet. The television comes on when the kids wake up and doesn't go off until dh goes to bed which at times if aster 3 am. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want the background noise turned off. Do you realize how hard it is to teach a child with the television going on in the background?

Who turns it on? I have a 9, 16 and 20 yr old, and tv isn't turned on till the in school ones are done...period.

Exactly...I'd be pulling out a cord somewhere or placing a parental code on it :D

Granted we don't have cable and haven't for some time, but we still use hulu and netflix, but we are normally watching for a program or so. Then it's off to do something else.

My DH is like that too, so I get it. He will NEVER turn it off while he is home even if he isn't watching. There have been times when he's come home and I had the radio on and he still turned it on and insisted that it was okay to have BOTH things on at the same time.:glare: He even has to have it on to go to sleep. Thank goodness for sleep timers!

Thankfully, he leaves for work around 2PM, but that's long past the time that I do schoolwork with the kids, so I know how distracting it can be. I haven't found a solution yet. I know that you can't just go tell a grown man he isn't allowed to watch tv and I don't get when people say "just turn it off."

Anyway, I know that I wasn't very helpful, but I wanted to say that I totally understand where you are coming from!

Maybe encourage him to find a hobby he enjoys?

Or to at least watch on the computer with the headphones on?

I'm so sorry.

Have you tried headphones? My dad is one of those who has the TV on all. the. time. He has those wireless headphones so he can sit anywhere in the room and get the signal on his headphones, but not drive my stepmom crazy (at least, not over *that* issue :lol:).

Have you tried headphones? My dad is one of those who has the TV on all. the. time. He has those wireless headphones so he can sit anywhere in the room and get the signal on his headphones, but not drive my stepmom crazy (at least, not over *that* issue :lol:).

You know this may be my valentines gift to myself lol.