Menu

Is anyone STILL 100% happy with their original choices?

SorrelZG

We're doing a K4 year, so I planned very little and we are low pressure. So far we are still happy with the few things we use regularly. Our only change is due to my daughter advancing way beyond where I expected in reading. I thought we would still be doing Funnix 2, but she was beyond that right away. Now we are working through the McGuffey readers, although she can read almost any juvenile classic I give her.

With the exception of spelling, I am happy with what we have. I love SS, but it wasn't working for my youngest. It worked for all my other kids, but not so much for these kids. So we switched up spelling in December.

I usually plan to add in new things in January just to help break up the dreariness of this time of the school year.

I would agree that I don't tend to come in this section unless I am thinking about next year. I found that I was always finding new curriculum and was just too hard to not buy it.

I am 99% happy with our choices for this year. Latin has been the only struggle here but slowly it is getting better.

I am starting to think about next year and making some notes on curriculum that I want to look at.

Edited by fourcatmom

I am happy with our original choice of MFW K but definitely felt we needed a little more to add on to it. We have done that now with Amanda Bennett and some other bits and pieces and now I feel really content. On those weeks where our original curriculum feels weak I have something that takes little effort on my part to fill in the gaps. :001_smile:

Last year we changed a couple of things during the year. This year we are mostly just doing the next year of the programs that worked last year. I haven't switched anything yet. Our current problems have more to do with scheduling and consistency. Any time we get out of a routine DD has a hard time starting school work again. Starting up after Christmas has been "fun".