Menu

HELP!!!!!! Our lab is sick....need advice!

Our 8 year old Lab threw up today just a bit. And, she is drooling a little here and there....enough to wipe up after her. Bless her heart. She has NOT had diarrhea.

What OTC would you recommend for an upset tummy. I haven't seen Soph here for about 2 years, so my request is sent out to you...general forum.

TIA!

Don't feed her anything, offer her small drinks of water. Feel her belly, does she seem to have a sore spot or all good? Look at her gums, are they baby girl pink, not white or dark pink? If you press them with your finger does the blood refill quickly?

All systems go on those, I myself would just pull the food until tomorrow and see how she does.

Don't feed her anything, offer her small drinks of water. Feel her belly, does she seem to have a sore spot or all good? Look at her gums, are they baby girl pink, not white or dark pink? If you press them with your finger does the blood refill quickly?

All systems go on those, I myself would just pull the food until tomorrow and see how she does.

:iagree: Our lab/shepherd mix occasionally eats something she shouldn't and will vomit. I agree with the above. No need to panic. Are her gums pink? Does she seem to be feverish, seem distressed/in pain, or have any other symptoms? If all else is well, just pull the food and keep a close eye on her.

Best wishes!

:iagree: Our lab/shepherd mix occasionally eats something she shouldn't and will vomit. I agree with the above. No need to panic. Are her gums pink? Does she seem to be feverish, seem distressed/in pain, or have any other symptoms? If all else is well, just pull the food and keep a close eye on her.

Best wishes!

:iagree:

Sometimes they'll drool if there is an obstruction or if they ate something poisonous.

THANKS to everyone who replied. We did, however, do as the 3 stated above. I gave her a bland diet yesterday, Wed, and today, TH. Will gently re-introduce her dog food starting tonight with a bit of gr beef/rice mixture.

She's not drooling today! YEA!