Menu

best cm book?

i have the WTM book on hold at the library, but I would also like to read a CM book. I see that there are several - 3 from Charlotte Levison, and then the Charlotte Mason Companion from Karen Andreola and When Children Love To Learn by Elaine Cooper. Which do you recommend as the 'must read' of these?

Well, the book I love the best is "For the Children's Sake" by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay. But of the ones you mentioned. the Andreola one is best on philosophy and the Levison ones are the best for practical advice. I haven't read the one by Cooper so I can't comment on that one.

thanks :) I hadnt seen the book you mentioned. I will have to look into that one too!

I understand the CM philosophy, but I need practical ideas on how to make it work for us. On the above advice, I checked Amazon and bought the Kindle version of When Children Love to Learn to read on my iPad. Just FYI in case someone else wants instant gratification.... I can't wait to read it this week so that I can implement the info when we return to schooling next week.