Menu

Random Acts of Kindness week 6 of 52

I hope that it is okay that I started this. Nance I hope you are just busy with Christmas.

This is from Christmas day 12/25- 12/31

I was wondering, should we call in just Acts of kindness. As they can be planned.

We haven't done anything yet this week.

Thank you for starting this, Dolphin! I was just coming on to do so and feeling bad that I was so behind about it! I have just been busy over here with family and holiday stuff and so on!

And yes I agree that "Acts of Kindness" would be a relevant title since they can be planned and not necessarily just "random" acts!

This week so far we brought some goodies over to our neighbors. We had our final Hanukkah get together with my husband's brother and sister-in-law and niece and nephew and my mom last night (speaking of my mom, I also transported her here and back to her house as she doesn't like to drive at night). We made chicken soup and latkes for dinner, and for dessert I made a noodle kugel (which is a noodle pudding) and we brought some latkes over to my neighbor (they love latkes), and we brought them some of the noodle kugel to try, too).

By the way, it was the very first noodle kugel I'd ever made and it came out really good! If anyone wants to try it out, here's the recipe:

Noodle Kugel

16 oz package extra broad egg noodles

6 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

24 oz cottage cheese

16 oz sour cream

3/4 cup sugar

1 cup raisins

1 medium apple (I used a Honeycrisp apple)

1 stick butter

cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9X13 baking dish

Cook noodles. Drain and rinse with cold water. Melt a stick of butter, then toss the noodles in the butter until mixed/coated.

In large bowl, beat together eggs, vanilla, cottage cheese, sour cream and sugar until combined and slightly frothy. Stir in noodles and raisins.

Peel an apple and grate it into the noodle mixture, stir, and pour mixture into greased pan.

Sprinkle with as much cinnamon as you'd like and bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes until top is golden brown and egg mixture is set (I cooked mine for an hour).

Edited by NanceXToo

A family friend (kind of a godmother of sorts to my kids) is suppose to be coming over tomorrow. She'll probably have Christmas and/or birthday gifts for the kids.

We're planning on taking her out to lunch to her favorite restaurant.

I missed last week's post, but I spent an hour having a very nice conversation with an elderly gentleman at the coffee shop. I've been told he spends every evening there; he likes sitting by their fireplace and I happen to be occupying the other chair when he arrived.