Menu

Unexpected houseguests showed up while I was sick and did this to my house!

They built a banquette for me!!

I am over the moon happy about it. This picture is not of MY dining room, but it's what it looks like, if you imagine it not sanded or painted yet and with no cushions. :lol:

http://inmyownstyle.com/2010/02/howto-make-a-kitchen-banquette.html

Just thought that I'd pass along some HAPPY in-law gossip. :001_smile:

We're looking to make an offer on a house, and I had wondered about building one of those ~ thanks for the link, the visuals and directions kind of excited me :) I can't imagine how over the moon YOU must be! Any ideas what you'll serve them, when they come to break it in LOL?

I told him about Armadillo Eggs and he was excited just over the description. (jalepeno pepper with end cut off and reamed out. Shove cheddar cheese stick in there and pat raw sausage all around it. Bake until the sausage is done. When cool pat a raw biscuit around it and bake until the biscuit is done. YUM!)

And, she wants Unsloppy Joes so.....there ya go! She said that when they return she will show me how to not be afraid of my sewing machine!!

Oh, that is nice. I was actually trying to figure out how I'm going to seat all my people. We changed things up recently which allowed us more walk room and seating. But this would do it even better. My big issue is moving the light. I need to see if hubby can do that. Maybe today.

Well, I like the DIY farmhouse table posted many times before but this would be better, I think. I keep looking over to my kitchen.

And I wouldn't have to re-do the landlord's awful chair covers.....