Menu

How do you all deal with belated gift requests to Santa?

My mom would've told me that Santa had already packed the sleigh. It made perfect sense to me.

I personally wouldn't go to the store because the traffic and stores are crazy right now and I like to avoid the chaos.

I generally say something like, "The elves are busy ALL YEAR just getting ready for Christmas. They can't do anything that last minute. They need to know in advance."

Of course, I've been known to add a thing or two some years also.:001_smile:

Whatever you do, try not to belabor it too much or beat yourself up over whatever choice you do make. Just enjoy the holidays.

Maybe he could buy it for himself with Christmas money?

This is what my kids do...if it's something they really want.

Sometimes, it's just getting caught up in all the commercials they're seeing and displays in the stores, etc., and once the holiday is over and they have opened their presents, they don't seem to remember wanting whatever it was they saw.

But my kids seem to always end up with a little bit of Christmas money, usually from Grandma or my brother (who hates to shop and would rather send them a gift card for Target). They can then go out and get what they want.

We don't do Santa here but if Little Librarian comes up with something she wants last minute I tell her I'll put it on her birthday list. Of course, since I start shopping pretty early in the year DH tells her not to worry about it because I'll probably buy it in February for next Christmas and then give it to her early just because I'm a softie. ;)