Menu

Help me find this cookie recipe!

Last year I made a several new types of cookies and one of them was a chocolate vanilla swirled shortbread. I haven't made a single batch of Christmas cookies yet, and if I make no other cookie, I really want this one again. Please help me find it!

The recipe that comes up on Google is for "scrummy..." and that's not it.

These cookies were made by making a regular dough, a chocolate dough, rolling both out, putting one on top of the other, rolling it up, refrigerating (I think), and then slicing and baking. There are no chunks of chocolate in them like the scrummy ones have.

Like these?

http://peasepudding.wordpress.com/2009/08/24/chocolate-vanilla-swirl-shortbread/

I'm on the interesting cookie recipe prowl right now. I really had no intentions of baking due to time, but I do enjoy it and my DD is begging to do some baking. My mom has given up cookie baking evidently. She used to invite us to do it with her. :confused:

These look good! I might try them unless something tested that's similar pop up here!

I have no idea why but I seem to remember you mentioning these cookies last year. So I looked at posts you made last year with the word cookies and found this one where you posted with a link to a recipe. Hopefully this is the one you are looking for.

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231827&highlight=cookies

You're awesome!

And I feel really silly. In my defense, I've been dealing with vertigo all week. While I'm feeling better, I'm still unsteady and off.

Don't feel silly. I'm printing recipes off from here and I recently went through my stack of papers and found 3-4 copies of some recipes. Clearly I'm not paying attention very well either. Something about your description struck me as familiar which is why I had to go look. I think it was the description about making the swirl colors because I never knew how to do it. Glad you have the recipe you wanted now. Happy Baking and hope you feel better soon!