Menu

Gift?

We are currently renting a house and just got an e-mail that our landlord wants to stop by and give us a "holiday gift". While this is thoughtful, I feel a bit at a loss as I don't know if we are supposed to reciprocate...and if so, what kind of gift should I be getting them? We have been renting for the last 4 years but have only been our current place since August and have not had this come up previously :D

Any thoughts/ideas are most welcome as I am clueless and feeling a little Bah Humbuggy about the whole thing (Background: Landlord is very nice but a little intrusive. We have seen them no less than 8 times since we moved in in August...we are used to paying our rent on time and never seeing the landlord...which is kind of how we prefer it as we are both introverts and landlord & wife are extreme extroverts)

So ...tell me I need to get over it and get a gift, or that l I shouldn't feel obligated to reciprocate. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks!

Diane

I was going to say cookies or banana bread, but if you're not wanting to bake, how about a jar candle?

Are they coming today? If you have time to get to the store, you could make them some homemade hot cocoa, peppermint hot cocoa, or something along those lines (tons of recipes online for that kind of thing). I made a whole lot of these to pass out to delivery guys and neighbors. I put them in mason jars but you could use a container you already have or a ziploc bag, even, if you dress it up with ribbon.

Well sounds like the general consensus is that I should be more appreciative of their thoughtfulness and provide a small gift :D Ok, I can do that! ;)

A PP mentioned that maybe they were just wanting to see that the place is well taken care of....well All 8 times they have come over they have been invited inside. We keep this house neat and clean and it has always been company (landlord) ready when they come by....heck they even used my boy's bathroom and that had been given a good wipe down before they arrived (boy was I glad about that!) So, I am not quite sure why they keep coming over so much.

But, that being said I will make sure that there is a little something to give to them when they come by on Saturday.

Thanks Hive!

Diane

It's probably just an excuse to see the place (all the visits, not necessarily the gift). Invite them in to sit for a few minutes. That would probably be gift enough--knowing that the place is in good hands. Just a thought.

:iagree:This is what immediately come into my mind. Landlord wants to see the place. I wouldn't feel obligated to reciprocate. I know, the landlords gift is that you pay the rent on time!