Menu

Gift suggestions for couple in late 50's

I need gift ideas for a married couple in their late 50's. The husband works with dh and I. He doesn't technically work "for us" but we are responsible for his supervision and we get paid off of the work he does even though he runs an independent office. I would like to get them something nice that shows our appreciation for his work. It isn't too expensive. Maybe $50 or so. We have traveled with them for company functions but I don't know the wife all that well so I'm stumped.:confused:

Are they coffee or tea drinkers? Starbucks???

Other than knowing that they have a coffee machine at the office I'm not sure. It seems like I should know more about them...we've spent time hanging out on company trips but I talk to him way more than her on a regular basis. I may end up with a gift basket if I don't come u with something more inspiring soon.

I need gift ideas for a married couple in their late 50's. The husband works with dh and I. He doesn't technically work "for us" but we are responsible for his supervision and we get paid off of the work he does even though he runs an independent office. I would like to get them something nice that shows our appreciation for his work. It isn't too expensive. Maybe $50 or so. We have traveled with them for company functions but I don't know the wife all that well so I'm stumped.:confused:

I'd give a gift certificate for a nice restaurant near their home or a store gift card with a small box of nice candy.

Gift card for a casual table service restaurant (so that $50 will easily cover the meal). Go for one with a varied American menu, like Chili's or such, b/c they always have something for everyone - burgers, salads, chicken dishes if all else fails. If you go with Mexican or Chinese or such, there are always some people who just don't like certain genres of food. Bonus points if they can choose dine-in or carryout/curbside.

If you are Canadian or such, edit accordingly :D

I would only do a gift basket if you can figure out what they enjoy - they are generally themed to chocolate or coffee or sausage & cheese, etc.