Menu

If you shop Eddie Bauer, where do you buy dressier clothes?

I was looking, today, for some casual dressy clothes for dh's work party. I was hoping for black pants and a festive, but not Christmasy or sparkly, sweater or shirt to wear with some black heeled boots I own. One store had $140 sweaters, which isn't me. Demi Moore on the Ann Taylor sign kind of scared me off. Seriously. Too severe. I've had issues with the quality at J C Penney and Kohls and those types of places. I'll buy trendy 1-season stuff there, but for these items I want classic, good quality, comfortable, clothes. Eddie Bauer is my go-to store, but it's a little too rugged for what I'm looking for.

Where should I look?

:bigear:

Thanks! I think we have every store mentioned, except Nordstroms. And I didn't try any of them, today. In fact, I'm not sure I've been in White House, Talbots, or Chicos. In a rut much? So this gives me a good list to head back out with.

ETA--And we do have an Ann Taylor Loft, too...which I've not been in. I'm guessing it's different than Ann Taylor?

Edited by snickelfritz

I wear Eddie Bauer a lot in the daytime, but for dressier I really recommend Ann Taylor LOFT. The LOFT division is more casual than the regular Ann Taylor and they have incredible sales.

In fact, their sales are so good it worries me that they're not doing well. Don't know, just guessing.

I really love White House/Black Market but they'll probably cost more than LOFT.

Alley

What about Plus-size ladies? I love Land's End... but looking for more than just Blair type of fat clothes, if ykwim. ;)

No offense intended to those who shop at Blair -- I am shopping there and found a skirt! LOL :D But it is a classic homeschooler Mama skirt. *sigh*

What about Plus-size ladies? I love Land's End... but looking for more than just Blair type of fat clothes, if ykwim. ;)

No offense intended to those who shop at Blair -- I am shopping there and found a skirt! LOL :D But it is a classic homeschooler Mama skirt. *sigh*

I'm not familiar with Blair.

It's only been the last 1 or 1 1/2 years that I've been out of plus sizes. When I was in them, I shopped at Lane Bryant or Avenue. They usually carry wardrobe staples and some trendier items. Their drawback is that they aren't very style specific. They carry a little bit of everything, for all ages.