Menu

How do I preserve a dead snake?

Whatever you do, don't let your dh just put it in a ziploc bag and stash it in the garage until the next day. It won't be pretty. :blink: :ack2: Ask me how I know. :D

Wendi

:tongue_smilie: Oh no!

I think we will just wait for the next one when I have stuff on hand.

I was pretty freaked out having to kill this one. It was very pretty, but near my kids and puppies.

Oh my word people, I am trying to eat!~ :ack2:

My husband killed a baby rattler in our backyard in CA and put it in the freezer in one of MY mugs!

I wouldn't even open the freezer. My husband asked me why I hadn't served any ice cream for a while. When I told him NOTHING was being served out of the freezer until the snake was GONE and I knew it was no longer there, AND my mug was tossed out, that is when he died laughing......apparently he hadn't been listening to me go on and on about how I hated having a SNAKE in my house!

Dawn

:tongue_smilie: Oh no!

I think we will just wait for the next one when I have stuff on hand.

I was pretty freaked out having to kill this one. It was very pretty, but near my kids and puppies.

You can toss it in the freezer until you are ready to deal with it.

We have a friend who hunts rattlesnakes. He traps them in a container, then tosses the container in the freezer for at least a month, then tosses them on the ground to thaw enough for him to skin them. He thawed one after 2 weeks and it crawled away! :001_huh:

It was VERY important to know which refridgerator/freezer was for lunches and snacks, and which ones were for mmm...donations in process. For some reason the museum director thought that it was hilarious to NOT label which ones were which and to send new employees to the wrong one to get him a Dr. Pepper!

You can toss it in the freezer until you are ready to deal with it.

We have a friend who hunts rattlesnakes. He traps them in a container, then tosses the container in the freezer for at least a month, then tosses them on the ground to thaw enough for him to skin them. He thawed one after 2 weeks and it crawled away! :001_huh:

Did he watch it crawl away or did it disappear? Any animal that has been frozen clear through should be dead-dead, not mostly dead!:lol: I'd suspect some other critter being responsible for the disappearance unless he'd seen it crawl away with his own eyes.

Did he watch it crawl away or did it disappear? Any animal that has been frozen clear through should be dead-dead, not mostly dead!:lol: I'd suspect some other critter being responsible for the disappearance unless he'd seen it crawl away with his own eyes.

He saw it crawling away and couldn't get to it before it was gone. It was a big one, over 5 feet. It wasn't in the freezer long enough to freeze through all the way.