Menu

Duggars interview on homeschooling

http://www.aop.com/enews/hsview/200806/duggars.php . Wasn't someone here just asking @ older kids helping with the younger ones? Sue in PA? Michelle states here how they plan their day and what curriculum they use. I always wondered what they used for school and I am curious if they use it for all thier subjects or not.

I personally don't have my older kids teach the younger ones, but they do like to help sometimes with reading or explaing something in math that I don't have time for( or don't understand ha ha). Other than that I do all the teaching or outsource it via CC or DVD etc. I don't have a problem with having older kids help if that is what works best for your family, I just don't think it would work well here.

Yep, it was me who asked about olders teaching youngers. And, I did ask partly b/c I was thinking about the Duggars and knew that they did this (I've seen them on TV). Michelled Duggar just amazes me. I know she's not perfect. I'm sure she has her faults. I just wish I were half as organized and that my kids were half as disciplined and respectful.

The Duggars are coming to our conference in a couple of weeks. Their children are going to perfrom during the praise and worship segment. Can't wait to hear what they say. I understand this is the first homeschool conference they have spoken at. One of their workshops is a question and answer period. Should be interesting!!

Michelle said, "Individual checklists which cover schoolwork, chores, music lessons, and personal hygiene let us see at a glance how each child is doing and keep our children accountable, so we can reward them accordingly."

I liked that. Not so we can correct them when they need it (although I'm sure they do that too), but so we can reward them.

The Duggars are coming to our conference in a couple of weeks. Their children are going to perfrom during the praise and worship segment. Can't wait to hear what they say. I understand this is the first homeschool conference they have spoken at. One of their workshops is a question and answer period. Should be interesting!!

Yes, please share if you see them. I am fascinated by this family. If I could afford it, I'd try to get myself to this conference.