Menu

Where can I find

candles for an Advent wreath? These are odd-sized candles, apparently. The holes are barely the size of my pinky finger. Regular tapers are far too huge, and the skinny menorah candles are too small.

Color doesn't matter, btw, as we don't really celebrate Advent. I just think it's a pretty centerpiece and would like to put a candle in each week leading up to Christmas.

Target has candles for menorahs; I think they are about the same size.

I've used those in years past, but they are too skinny for these holes. They wobble and tilt pretty badly. Not a big deal pre-kids, but with my two youngest, I need something that's really in there if you know what I mean. If nothing else, I might try to find some sort of filler material to put around those Target menorah candles. Hmm...

WendyK, how wide are those Christmas Tree candles at the base? I've never seen any before, and I can't find that detail on the link.

I've used those in years past, but they are too skinny for these holes. They wobble and tilt pretty badly. Not a big deal pre-kids, but with my two youngest, I need something that's really in there if you know what I mean. If nothing else, I might try to find some sort of filler material to put around those Target menorah candles. Hmm...

http://www.michaels.com/STICK-UM-Candle-Adhesive/gc0395,default,pd.html

In Vienna/Fairfax County, Va., there were none at Michaels or JoAnne. None at Homegoods - but I didn't expect there would be. None at Wegman's or Safeway.

I bought non-advent candles in the right colors at JoAnne - but they are short fat pillar candles - which actually are more stable than the tapers.

We bought an aritifical evergreen wreath, hot glued the candle bottoms to the wreath wire, stuck in some artificial holly berries, and the kids are thrilled with their Advent wreath.

LAst year, I got the candles at the Catholic Book Store - I am sure that the Christian book store has them as well (here in ffx county, there are Catholic bookstores and Christian bookstores).

Hope this helps.:)

PS -- I cannot EVER get the menorah candles to not wobble. Last year I took to using pieces of paper towel -- tiny pieces of paper towel to stuff into the candle holes - finally they didn't wiggle.