Menu

Can audio books be d/l onto a Kindle?

What I can't figure out is why I can buy a basic one on Amazon for $79 but people are asking more that that on ebay :confused:

I'm not sure if you can put audiobooks on that model. It seems to me I read somewhere that you can't - that it's just a very basic e-reader. I can't find anything definitive, but if you look at the specs (scroll down to where it says Compare Kindles, and look under Content) for all models on this page, it doesn't mention audiobooks on the $79 model. For $20 more you can get either the Touch or Keyboard version, both of which support audiobooks.

Yes, if you look on the amazon site you can see the audible feature, where you subscribe and then buy/download audiobooks straight to the kindle. We've downloaded 'socks' and 'winnie the pooh' so far and enjoyed them. My only gripe would be I wish the volume would go higher on the kindle, it's great for 1 but 3 kids are too noisy to listen together!

I'm not sure if you can put audiobooks on that model. It seems to me I read somewhere that you can't - that it's just a very basic e-reader. I can't find anything definitive, but if you look at the specs (scroll down to where it says Compare Kindles, and look under Content) for all models on this page, it doesn't mention audiobooks on the $79 model. For $20 more you can get either the Touch or Keyboard version, both of which support audiobooks.

Yes, if you look on the amazon site you can see the audible feature, where you subscribe and then buy/download audiobooks straight to the kindle. We've downloaded 'socks' and 'winnie the pooh' so far and enjoyed them. My only gripe would be I wish the volume would go higher on the kindle, it's great for 1 but 3 kids are too noisy to listen together!

Thanks!