Menu

What are you getting your 4 yo or 1 yo?

I'm completely stuck on what to get my kids for Christmas. And not only do I need to get them something, but I've got grandparents and aunts/uncles asking for ideas and one set of grandparents gave us $50/kid and told us to do their shopping for them! We did score some black friday deals online and the 4 yo (boy) is getting a batcave and some superhero figures and the 1 yo (girl) is getting a play microwave, shopping cart and food. And I'm trying to decide if the 4 yo needs a Leapster-thing...... Anyway, I'm desperately in need of some inspiration.....what are you getting your 4 yo and 1 yos?

My 1 year old is getting a radio flyer ride on scooter, little people wheels on the bus, a set of chunky cars, a big outside bouncy ball and bath toys. He just had his b-day in September. He got puzzles, shape sorter, musical toys and stacking toys.

My 1 year old is getting a climber gym because he's extremely active and loves climbing. This one:

http://www.step2.com/p/Naturally-Playful-Lookout-Treehouse

Also, some board books:

a baby signing times gift set of books

a Roger Priddy board book

Cat and the Dog one by the same author because he loves animal books and touch and feel books.

He's getting this from grandma:

Pound and Sound Bench

All of my kids have loved those ball pounding toys.

He just had his first bday and his absolute favorite thing was a stuffed snake my mom made him.

I've been looking at the Playmobile website- I'm sure he would love several of the sets, but I'm not sure which he'd love the most. He has the dinosaur one with the exploding volcano and he plays with the dinos and palentologists alot, but not so much the volcano, trees, rocks, etc.

What lego sets are good for 4 year olds?

Thanks for all the ideas- I'm looking forward to hearing more!

My one-year-old is getting one of those classic pop-up-door toys with the buttons & flip switches to open each door. He is also getting a kid broom/mop set because he loves cleaning and keeps taking my real brooms all over the house, lol.

My four-year-old is getting lots of dress-up and pretend play stuff, the highlight being a Jesse the cowgirl hat, and also Toy Story 3 and some art stuff.

My 4yo boy is getting books, an audiobook, a backpack, some action figures, a baseball bat, a sleeping bag, racetrack for hotwheels cars, hex bugs, some dress up items, inexpensive binoculars and a bug box. All either consignment, hand-me-down or yardsaled. All nice. Grand total less than $30! :D

We're also getting him a sled, some fleece gloves and some art stuff (playdoh, paints etc.) Target next week.

He would like the Playmobile - I hadn't thought of that! May have to shop around some. We have loads of building toys already - duplo, trios, blocks, lincoln logs.

Edited by ScoutTN

Playmobil and Lego. He will be 4 in January.

:iagree: My dd is 4 and she is getting Playmobil for Christmas. The only reason she's not getting legos is because we stocked her up at her birthday. ;)

I've been looking at the Playmobile website- I'm sure he would love several of the sets' date=' but I'm not sure which he'd love the most. He has the dinosaur one with the exploding volcano and he plays with the dinos and palentologists alot, but not so much the volcano, trees, rocks, etc.

What lego sets are good for 4 year olds?

Thanks for all the ideas- I'm looking forward to hearing more![/quote']

Both kids are getting playmobil this year, we are getting a road/construction playmobil set for my son. Do you have any legos? We bought my 4yo dd the brick box set for her birthday (well, she got the pink one) and she loves it. It is a good introduction set. And here's a slightly smaller set. My son really started loving the little Creator box sets when he was about 4. Both my kids are in love with Thomas right now, so they are getting Thomas trains for Christmas, too.

Edited by Guest
Can I make any more mistakes? :)

DS4 is receiving:

3 super hero action figures (little kid ones) with a helicopter and motorcycle for them (from the big guy)

a Mack transport truck for his cars (from his siblings)

a book- If You Give a Dog a Donut (from parents)

Toy Story 3 lego set (from parents)

a game- Order's Up (part of the group gift from parents)

random lego pieces, hand sanitizer, and a small tube of m&ms in stocking

My almost-2yo is getting some (more) Melissa & Doug jumbo knob puzzles, like these. You can see the other designs under Customers Also Bought. She's getting a new kitchen for her birthday (January) and a tea set to go with it. We have lots of food and accessories but I thought a tea set would be super cute.

Sounds like the 4yo is a boy. We got a bike for a friend, and these neat playmats that zip into a storage box (this and this) for a couple of nephews. We'll add cars and dinosaurs to play with.