Menu

Which is better: Using your own binder or having an office store do the binding?

Do you bind your own books, or take them to an office store for binding?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you bind your own books, or take them to an office store for binding?

• I prefer to use a Pro-Click or similar binding machine.
    • I like taking books to an office store for binding.

I'm considering getting a Pro-Click, but I'm also wondering if maybe I'd rather save myself time and just have an office store do the binding for me. The Pro-Click 50 puches only 6 sheets at a time. Seems like with books of 100 or so pages that might take a while! Then again I'm wondering which is most cost effective. So, which do you prefer and why?

I have the pro-click. It really doesn't take long to punch a larger book. I always want the control, so someone doesn't mess up the binding. If it gets messed up I want it to be my fault, kwim.

Also cost is a factor. I've spent about 125.00 on supplies for the pro-click, including the machine itself. I bought regular spiral coils and still have a huge supply, even after a few years. I do a lot of binding.

To even go to the office store it costs me 10.00 minimum in gas because it's in another town. Then it's what at least $4-$5 per book?

It's just more cost effective to have your own.