Menu

Please post your blog with All About Spelling reviews

BatmansWife

Somewhat of a review but more of a blog post to show off our new magnetic board.

Thanks for posting. I actually was looking at your blog yesterday (you commented on anothe AAS post).....which is what led me to ask for more blog posts. :001_smile: I like your magnet board.

Here are several posts from Angela's blog, Satori Smiles.

Thank you! I didn't know Angela was using AAS.

If you look at her board....see the set of magnets on the bottom left (there's a horse and wagon, vowels inside a rope next to "r", little blue and red squares, and open and closed doors)? Do those come with another level?? I got AAS years ago, but it didn't work for my son at the time. But, I kept everything and will be using it now with my 8 year old...and my son again. Anyway, I don't have those magnets. Do they come with a later level, or are they something new included in the magnet package??

Edited by ~AprilMay~

If you look at her board....see the set of magnets on the bottom left (there's a horse and wagon, vowels inside a rope next to "r", little blue and red squares, and open and closed doors)? Do those come with another level?? I got AAS years ago, but it didn't work for my son at the time. But, I kept everything and will be using it now with my 8 year old...and my son again. Anyway, I don't have those magnets. Do they come with a later level, or are they something new included in the magnet package??

Those are syllable tags that come in the Level 2 Materials Packet.

And, here's an alternative magnetic board using a lapbook/mini-office concept.

Love that idea!

Here's a review I did a few years ago (and we are still using the program - on level 3 now and will begin level 4 before the year is out).

The TOS Homeschool Crew has reviewed All About Spelling - you might check out the blog to find more reviews.

I don't have a blog but I can tell you that I did NOT want to use AAS :) It seemed too pricey, fussy, complicated, time consuming. I ended up trying it out b/c I heard so many good reviews and knew my ds could use the analytical aspects of how to spell. It is our favorite curriculum choice of the year! The kids love spending time with me, it is easy-as-pie to implement (open and go). They love writing their words and sentences on the whiteboard. They are getting lots of dictation practice. Give it a try - you probably won't be disappointed :)

Sure, here's my blog review.

And, here's an alternative magnetic board using a lapbook/mini-office concept.

Enjoy! Merry :-)

Thank you! Neat idea for your board. I was excited because I got a 2'x3' at Walmart for $19.00. I thought that was a pretty good price actually (other places I had looked wanted much more).

Those are syllable tags that come in the Level 2 Materials Packet.

Yes, we just got this with our Level 2... along with the jail which my dd loves!

Thank you both. I'm glad that we aren't missing anything and that we'll get them with level 2.

Love that idea!

Here's a review I did a few years ago (and we are still using the program - on level 3 now and will begin level 4 before the year is out).

The TOS Homeschool Crew has reviewed All About Spelling - you might check out the blog to find more reviews.

Thank you for posting...I'll read yours. Those Homeschool Crew reviews will take me quite awhile to go through. I'm glad....I love reading the reviews and seeing everyone's pictures. Thanks again!

I don't have a blog but I can tell you that I did NOT want to use AAS :) It seemed too pricey, fussy, complicated, time consuming. I ended up trying it out b/c I heard so many good reviews and knew my ds could use the analytical aspects of how to spell. It is our favorite curriculum choice of the year! The kids love spending time with me, it is easy-as-pie to implement (open and go). They love writing their words and sentences on the whiteboard. They are getting lots of dictation practice. Give it a try - you probably won't be disappointed :)

I'm glad you posted, even if you don't have a blog to link. :001_smile: I'm really excited about starting this and hope we'll have the same success!